• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can the ACC become a quality Power 5 league?

I never understood the desire of an alumnus of a school to post on a board and totally trash the school and its athletic programs to the extent that all of the posters loathe you.

Well he did kinda start the thread.

It is a shame that the ACC will die soon. The SEC has Alabama and recently Georgia. The rest of the conference is cute and have cute seasons once in a while. The SEC is the “hot girl” at the best time in history with all of this money up for grabs. The ACC could win the next 4 championships and it wouldn’t matter, money wise.

Why do you all even respond to that dickless idiot? Just scroll past him. Ignore him and keep talking about the original point. The way of dealing with a shitposter is to not do it.
new boards ignore feature works great tbh

all I see is a bunch of posters yelling at nobody since his posts don't show up at all

Well he did kinda start the thread.
True enough. I guess the solution as a shitposter is to post a luring question to get folks clicking. Then fill it up full of dumbfuckery of unrivaled magnitude.

new boards ignore feature works great tbh

all I see is a bunch of posters yelling at nobody since his posts don't show up at all
And I learned something today. Which is nice.

I never understood the desire of an alumnus of a school to post on a board and totally trash the school and its athletic programs to the extent that all of the posters loathe you.

I don't get it. It's bizarre.

It is a shame that the ACC will die soon. The SEC has Alabama and recently Georgia. The rest of the conference is cute and have cute seasons once in a while. The SEC is the “hot girl” at the best time in history with all of this money up for grabs. The ACC could win the next 4 championships and it wouldn’t matter, money wise.

LSU has won three national championships in the past twenty years.

And one in the past 15. And has been absolutely irrelevant except for the one year in 2019

And one in the past 15. And has been absolutely irrelevant except for the one year in 2019

I wouldn't call making the BCS title game for the 2011 season being "absolutely irrelevant".

LSU has won three national championships in the past twenty years.

In the past 20 years the SEC has won 13 national championships:
Alabama - 6
LSU - 3
Florida - 2
Auburn - 1
Georgia - 1

Non-SEC have won 8 national championships:
ACC: 3 - Clemson (2), FSU (1)
Big 10: 2 - Ohio State (2)
PAC 12: 2 - USC (2)
Big 12: 1 - Texas

You obviously don’t know how great the Darla Moore School of Business is, the great double major in Econ & investment finance he had, which led ultimately to a huge job in Atlanta in the hedge fund business. So the joke is on non-awake girl
So your kid must go to the Darla Moore B school, huh?

In the past 20 years the SEC has won 13 national championships:
Alabama - 6
LSU - 3
Florida - 2
Auburn - 1
Georgia - 1

Non-SEC have won 8 national championships:
ACC: 3 - Clemson (2), FSU (1)
Big 10: 2 - Ohio State (2)
PAC 12: 2 - USC (2)
Big 12: 1 - Texas
Nobody discredits the SEC for providing top level teams. 3 of the 5 teams listed suck balls now. Everyone knows that Alabama and Georgia are good right now. UT might be pretty good too. Everyone gets annoyed with the talk of the SEC being some 10 - 12 team deep juggernaut of a conference, but it's really just the top 2 or 3. After that it is a huge drop off and the bottom teams suck just like they do in the other conferences.

Nobody discredits the SEC for providing top level teams. 3 of the 5 teams listed suck balls now. Everyone knows that Alabama and Georgia are good right now. UT might be pretty good too. Everyone gets annoyed with the talk of the SEC being some 10 - 12 team deep juggernaut of a conference, but it's really just the top 2 or 3. After that it is a huge drop off and the bottom teams suck just like they do in the other conferences.

I disagree with you. Just because people get “annoyed” with something doesn’t necessarily mean it’s wrong.

I disagree with you. Just because people get “annoyed” with something doesn’t necessarily mean it’s wrong.
This year it does. 3 good teams and a pile of trash. The difference with the SEC is that usually 1 or 2 of the good teams are a little better than everyone else's 1 or 2 good teams.

This year it does. 3 good teams and a pile of trash. The difference with the SEC is that usually 1 or 2 of the good teams are a little better than everyone else's 1 or 2 good teams.

How would you characterize the ACC ? Three legit top ten teams is a pretty good league. A&M just gave Bama a run at Tuscaloosa and Mizzou gave Georgia a tough road game.

I'm not characterizing the ACC as anything. A&M isn't good. Everyone with eyeballs can tell they are completely mediocre. Mizzou? Trash. I guess we can congratulate them for playing 3 good quarters while the other team was asleep.

Back