• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Canned Beer

ATLDeac

Reaction score
The 'hood pool opens today and doesn't allow glass beverages. So I come to the almighty Pit to find me the best canned beer for hittin' the pool this summer. Stopping by Total Wine on my way home today to stock up for the weekend.

2 of my favorites:

Dales_CanandGlass_Oct08CROPj.JPG

mamas-little-yella-pils-221x300.jpg

What say ye?

For a pool hang, you need to have an easy drinking beer so that you can drink it fast enough to avoid getting hot. Therefore, Little Yella Pils is probably the best "fancy" option. That said, I drink Bud Light at the pool.

Um, yes on the Dale's baby. Love that ish. Kill off a 6'er and you are good to go.

Love the Dale's too, but I'm with Dirty. I need lighter beer at the pool.

I love me anything Mexican.

Went to an outdoor wedding this past weekend that offered three canned beers, Dale's, Bud and Tecate. Very nice mix of beers if you ask me.

tecate-cans.jpg

Tecate actually finished a respectable 3rd in my Cinco De Mayo taste test, out of 10 mexican beers.

Sol and Corona finished dead last. Pacifico/Dos Equis lager were 1 and 2.

Tecate actually finished a respectable 3rd in my Cinco De Mayo taste test, out of 10 mexican beers.

Negra Modelo, ftw.

I forgot to answer the question.

Yuengling in a can is not bad but Bud light is my go to poolside canned beer. Sometimes I go with cans of Mich Ultra but that makes me feel like a pussy and the cans don't fit in a standard hugger very well.

Sol does not belong near the bottom IMO.

All my selections have been taken, but I do love me some PBR cans.

any of you DC people tried DC Brau yet (on tap or cans)? need to find some.

I had no idea until a recent trip to a resort in San Antonio with its own water park that Shiner Bock came in cans. I was skeptical at first, thinking it would be too heavy for waterside enjoyment similar to the views above, but was pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted being so cold and how smoothly it went down. :woot:

On fishing trips with my dad in the heat of a Texas Gulf Coast summer, I've found ice cold Buds or Bud Selects to hit the spot as well.

Sol does not belong near the bottom IMO.

All my selections have been taken, but I do love me some PBR cans.

It may have been skunked but seriously. Taste it after a Pacifico or a Dos XX, its not as good. I was SHOCKED.

A buddy of mine is from Mexico and he says Sol is like Beast Ice down there.

It may have been skunked but seriously. Taste it after a Pacifico or a Dos XX, its not as good. I was SHOCKED.

A buddy of mine is from Mexico and he says Sol is like Beast Ice down there.

haha i believe it. mexi light beers get skunked so easily, but i've never had a bad Sol. i greatly prefer it to Corona, but still not as good as Pacifico. Dos XX doesn't do it for me unless it's on tap, much like Yuengling and other medium lagers.

Sol is pretty terrible, but it holds a special place in my heart since we jacked a six-pack from a bar in Charlottesville when we were down there for a bball game road trip

Back