• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Canned Beer

The last time I drank out of a can was at Monmouth racetrack with a guy named Chester. Ponies, gambling and Coors Light.....

oh and

NattyBohCan1.JPG=600

Winner

Went to the Hairy Teat today. No Dale's Pale Ale. No MLYP. But, like, 5 different "flavors" of LeinenKegel's. WTF? WTMFF? I almost had a Michael Douglas/Falling Down moment.

Went to the Hairy Teat today. No Dale's Pale Ale. No MLYP. But, like, 5 different "flavors" of LeinenKegel's. WTF? WTMFF? I almost had a Michael Douglas/Falling Down moment.

Lowe's on Reynolda has Dale's Pale Ale (at least they did 2 hours ago), just FYI.

I'm in Raleigh, so that'd be a bit of a drive. But thanks, though.

I'm in Raleigh, so that'd be a bit of a drive. But thanks, though.

oh fuuuu. sorry mang.

You just need to move. Living somewhere where you can obtain canned pale ale should be your #1 priority.

Seriously. While they usually have Dale's at my HT, I'm a bit worried they are dropping it. They have been stocking it on the bottom shelf, vertically (i.e., two cans facing front, rather than three). Need to make more room for Jeremiah Weed Spiked Cola, I guess. (Shit. Just thinking about the gimmicky crap they carry instead of decent beer makes me want to go drop a deuce on aisle 3.)

Fortunately, a Whole Foods just opened about a mile away. Much better beer selection. I should have gone there today. They have the Modus Hoperandi (mentioned earlier). I haven't tried that before, but Ska has been one of my favorite breweries from Beer Fests-past.

I usually get either canned Heinies or Corona at the Starmount pool.

Seriously. While they usually have Dale's at my HT, I'm a bit worried they are dropping it. They have been stocking it on the bottom shelf, vertically (i.e., two cans facing front, rather than three). Need to make more room for Jeremiah Weed Spiked Cola, I guess. (Shit. Just thinking about the gimmicky crap they carry instead of decent beer makes me want to go drop a deuce on aisle 3.)

Fortunately, a Whole Foods just opened about a mile away. Much better beer selection. I should have gone there today. They have the Modus Hoperandi (mentioned earlier). I haven't tried that before, but Ska has been one of my favorite breweries from Beer Fests-past.

mmmmmm... had Modus Hoperandi last weekend when it was on sale at the same Lowes. It wasn't there this Sunday, so I guess they sold out. It is legit.

Oh Buddhist.

Starr Hill in Charlottesville is going to start canning beers because music festivals won't allow glass bottles. Apparently due to new technology cans are actually better than bottles.

Sweeet. I hit up Starr Hill this weekend for a tasting/bought a sweet new growler I can use to get beers from places. Also did Blue Mountain Brewery, nomnom. Some quality beers in the Charlottesville area fosho. I was actually way moar impressed with Starr Hill at their brewery than I am by the stuff in stores here. I also feel like I saw a ton of cans of their beer Festie getting ready to be shipped out...

THE best. This is by far my favorite canned beer. It's super hoppy, but I prefer it from the can to the keg. IMO it seems like the can magnifies the hoppy flavor of the beer. Also, its kinda taken off recently, last time I went to the local craft beer store they had a BUNCH of sixers of it, so you should be able to catch it at your local store.

Ska.Modus_.Hoperandi.IPA_1.jpg

Nomnom. Very good beer. Also the best value IMO if you ever go to Tate's in downtown Winston. Pretty cheap for their prices and a fairly strong beer as well.

Seriously. While they usually have Dale's at my HT, I'm a bit worried they are dropping it. They have been stocking it on the bottom shelf, vertically (i.e., two cans facing front, rather than three).

I'm pretty sure Total Wine carries Dale's.

That's awesome cookout. I did Starr Hill last weekend and filled up two growlers which I enjoyed over the weekend. They are going to can their Festie and Northern Lights this summer.

That's awesome cookout. I did Starr Hill last weekend and filled up two growlers which I enjoyed over the weekend. They are going to can their Festie and Northern Lights this summer.

Yeah, I'm pumped about that, I'd never actually had their Festie before but enjoyed it a lot. It's a good session beer.

Where in Upstate SC would I most likely be able to find Dale's or Modus Hoperendi?

Back