• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Canned Beer

Thanks. I'm getting my LLM in taxation. Really looking forward to it.

One of my best friends got a job at the IRS in DC out of law school. I don't understand her, or you tax law lovers, but more power to you.

The 'hood pool opens today and doesn't allow glass beverages. So I come to the almighty Pit to find me the best canned beer for hittin' the pool this summer. Stopping by Total Wine on my way home today to stock up for the weekend.

2 of my favorites:

Dales_CanandGlass_Oct08CROPj.JPG

mamas-little-yella-pils-221x300.jpg

What say ye?

A similar probelm in the boat. I don't like glass bottles. My favorites are: Pilsner Urquell and Staropramen.

I'm not sure I had ever seen this until last night but I had my first one.

BuckRange_Beauty_2.jpg

There are about 37 Publixes (what the hell is the plural of Publix?) in Gainesville. You'll love it.

The big Publixes are great. But the closest one to my house is a smaller one and their selection and variety is terrible.

When I went to visit UF, my cousin picked me up at el aeropuerto (I don't know why I wrote that) and took me straight to Publix. When I walked into the store right in the front they were selling Starr Hill Beer (from Charlottesville) 2 for 1. It was like God was speaking to me at that moment.

THE best. This is by far my favorite canned beer. It's super hoppy, but I prefer it from the can to the keg. IMO it seems like the can magnifies the hoppy flavor of the beer. Also, its kinda taken off recently, last time I went to the local craft beer store they had a BUNCH of sixers of it, so you should be able to catch it at your local store.

Ska.Modus_.Hoperandi.IPA_1.jpg

Especially seeing that you live in FL. Fantastic for long days on the boat.

They are also very often promoting at our go-to beach bar near Tampa, Caddy's on the Beach.

I don't doubt that a bit. And I'm sure it's there -- there's no rhyme or reason to the case, so I probably overlooked it.

Don't have it. :( They carry Blue Moon cans, but not Landshark. Oh well, it's not like there aren't about eight more Publices (yeah, what is the plural?) within a three mile radius of the house.

Don't have it. :( They carry Blue Moon cans, but not Landshark. Oh well, it's not like there aren't about eight more Publices (yeah, what is the plural?) within a three mile radius of the house.

Calling grammar nazi . . .

Went with Dale's Pale Ale and Bud Heavy for my first stocking of the pool cooler. Got my neighbor some Stella tall boys I found. Saw the Blue Moon cans. Really dislike Michelob Ultra. Surprised no one has suggested the Champagne of Beers - that's a good pool drinking brew in a can and the price is right.

Back