• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Canned Beer

Sol is pretty terrible, but it holds a special place in my heart since we jacked a six-pack from a bar in Charlottesville when we were down there for a bball game road trip

Oh Buddhist.

Starr Hill in Charlottesville is going to start canning beers because music festivals won't allow glass bottles. Apparently due to new technology cans are actually better than bottles.

always kept it simpled rocking the Busch Light at the pool, on the boat, and even at tailgates. Have upgraded to Bud Light for canned beer, and bourbon for tailgates.

The twist off cans are a beautiful thing. I was sad to hear Coors Lt has discontinued theirs.

PBR, michelob ultra, bud select, yuengling

Sol does not belong near the bottom IMO.

All my selections have been taken, but I do love me some PBR cans.

The Sol I had at the Tanglewood Beer Festival was the worst beer I've ever tasted. Almost vommed it was skunked so bad.

Pool beer = light beer. Fortunately, none of the big 3 light beers (Bud, Miller, Coors) taste too terribly different than they do in a bottle, probably because they're light beers.

No canned beer better.

2cdgay8.jpg

avery and anderson valley both sell their can in beers now. they are both delicious.

Boddingtons is my favorite canned beer, but it needs to be poured, so perhaps not best for poolside.

The only time I've drank poolside was with a keg of Yuengling, and I ended up floating on a blow-up raft with three of my fraternity brothers singing Kumbaya (allegedly). Mrs. DeacNutt was less than pleased, especially because we had an early flight the next morning.

It may be necessary to contextualize that it was an engagement party, and the future groom passed out on his raft. He is now the chief resident at a top 10 pediatric hospital.

I love Sol, although I can't say I've ever experienced it after skunkage.

Once, while in a fancy restaurant in Cuernavaca, I unintentionally insulted the waiter by asking if they carried Sol. Considering it's relatively expensive in the US, it never occurred to me it would have such a poor reputation among native drinkers.

Back