• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Capitalism

Yeah I'm sure this was the greatest place to work in all of Clearwater before yesterday. Or, maybe the salary is so good that you just can't make yourself quit.

Are you under the impression that every place that people work is the “greatest place to work”? You see Biff, a lot of people need to work, and there are only like 1 or 2 “greatest places to work” in any given town, so where exactly do you expect everyone else to work?

Of course not. I figured that employees at the postcard factory realized it was likely a shitty place to work before yesterday, but were there for a reason, such as it pays pretty good or offers really flexible hours. Because when unemployment is at 3% you should be able to find another job pretty easily.

You have to leave some room for subjectivity.

only-one-there-can-be-only-one.gif

Of course not. I figured that employees at the postcard factory realized it was likely a shitty place to work before yesterday, but were there for a reason, such as it pays pretty good or offers really flexible hours. Because when unemployment is at 3% you should be able to find another job pretty easily.

Or looking for a new job becomes a job in itself, so things have to get bad enough to decide to start that process.

One Postcardmania employee who spoke to VICE News said they were planning to leave the company prior to this week, and that the organization’s handling of the hurricane has made their job search more urgent.
“This just confirmed I need to put my all into looking for another job,” the employee said.

I'm sure Postcardcrazy and Postcardinsanity in Clearwater are hiring headhunters as we speak. Fine time for poaching.

oh sure. it's easy.

Yeah, I guess no one has ever changed jobs.

People are getting paid $20 an hour to do jackshit these days, yet they can't seem to leave behind their career in postcard typesetting.

ask a conservative to show a modicum of basic human empathy and you get back unemployment data and social mobility anecdotes

my goodness that capitalism hits good

ask a conservative to show a modicum of basic human empathy and you get back unemployment data and social mobility anecdotes

my goodness that capitalism hits good

Capitalism is a hell of a drug.

Cocaine Is A Hell Of A Drug GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Substituting labor regulations with “unhappy people should just change jobs and let the free market decide” is one of the biggest tell-tale signs of dumb guy libertarianism. It’s an absolutely clueless take.

Well at least they got to drag their girlboss on Twitter. Now when they come back next week they can decide if they want to continue to work there or go find another job, which are the same options they had last week. I'm sure they'd be happier in a centrally planned economy though.

So either 1. You are too lazy to get a better job, and thus deserve whatever mistreatment you get., or 2. This is the best job you can get, and thus you deserve whatever mistreatment you get.

Indefatigable logic right there.

maybe we can just single out this particular choice/behavior as ridiculous and separate that from the job mobility discussion

Back