• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Capitalism

Sounds like an opportunity that a good capitalist could take advantage of.

My company recently went through a contract review process with IM. It was brutal. They were a pain in the ass and I only had one portion of contract to review redlines for. By the lates stages of the process you could tell our lawyers wanted to jump out a window.

Surprising that all these customers hate Iron Mountain yet the Data & Records management sector is full of competitors like Carbonite, ARC Document Solutions, InfoPreserve, ThinAir, Dell EMC, HC3, Access Information Management, Shred-it International, Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, Object Storage, Switchfast Technologies, Cortavo, Code Zero.

Should be easy to switch

Depends on the organization I assume. We've got a sizeable presence of physical and digital records that need saving. I could not tell you about the differences (physical vs digital options etc). That's not my space.

Depends on the organization I assume. We've got a sizeable presence of physical and digital records that need saving. I could not tell you about the differences (physical vs digital options etc). That's not my space.

Forgive me, I was being sarcastic. I don’t know shit about how difficult it is to change data management companies

Surprising that all these customers hate Iron Mountain yet the Data & Records management sector is full of competitors like Carbonite, ARC Document Solutions, InfoPreserve, ThinAir, Dell EMC, HC3, Access Information Management, Shred-it International, Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, Object Storage, Switchfast Technologies, Cortavo, Code Zero.

Should be easy to switch
The Iron Mountain contracts are structured as the exit fees are so high we calculated it took about 5 years to get to break-even after switching to a much lower cost competitor. The owners didn't want to go through the hassle for something that didn't pay itself off in 5 years.

My email to them on 8/22 when they asked for a payment status update:

"Hi XXXXXX - please read my previous emails and respond. It does not look like you are reading them. Thanks,"

And at 6:30 AM when she called me and asked what the issue was I said "look at the email I sent you!"

The trickle is coming!

It’s just really confusing to me how so many well-to-do Americans - lot of people on this board, can look down at the bottom 80% of wealth distribution in this country and ask “why can’t you do this? “Why can’t you get a good job and do what I did?” When what they did is exceptional. That’s what upper middle class and upper class Americans refuse to politically and culturally acknowledge, is that they are the exception, not the rule. Lower income/low wealth in America isn’t an exception, it isn’t abnormal - it’s the normal. That’s the average American experience, and that is how America and American capitalism should be judged - by the quality of life of the people at the bottom, not at the top.

It’s just really confusing to me how so many well-to-do Americans - lot of people on this board, can look down at the bottom 80% of wealth distribution in this country and ask “why can’t you do this? “Why can’t you get a good job and do what I did?” When what they did is exceptional. That’s what upper middle class and upper class Americans refuse to politically and culturally acknowledge, is that they are the exception, not the rule. Lower income/low wealth in America isn’t an exception, it isn’t abnormal - it’s the normal. That’s the average American experience, and that is how America and American capitalism should be judged - by the quality of life of the people at the bottom, not at the top.
So I'm looking at these charts. And there appears to be about 35 lines on each of them, which presumably represents 35 different countries. And the US and the UK look to be ranked above average (meaning there are about 20 lines below them both) when looking at the bottom 5 and 10 percentile charts. Yet the author picked one country, Slovenia, to try and make a point.

Maybe the poors would make more money if they knew how to objectively look at charts.

I'm also fairly sure if the US became 90% white and 70% christian like Norway, those with the money would feel more comfortable about increasing the social safety net.

I don’t really ask why because there’s example after example of average Americans being dumb so that’s the baseline.

I'm also fairly sure if the US became 90% white and 70% christian like Norway, those with the money would feel more comfortable about increasing the social safety net.

most of my family is like "yeah i mean those countries don't have a Philadelphia problem"

Guy with hyphenated last name complains about his beta father not leaving him wealth

Back