• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Capitalism

Maybe just a shitperson

Maybe go fuck yourself again.

I can't believe that this group of supposedly intelligent people, who grew up in a capitalist society, and have either chosen careers or changed jobs multiple times, can't fathom the idea that people should leave a shitty place to work. If you have to be asked to work during a hurricane to realize your workplace sucks, you might be part of your own problem.

I can't believe that this group of supposedly intelligent people, who grew up in a capitalist society, and have either chosen careers or changed jobs multiple times, can't fathom the idea that people should leave a shitty place to work. If you have to be asked to work during a hurricane to realize your workplace sucks, you might be part of your own problem.

we can all fathom such things. sometimes you work at a place and then a hurricane comes and the CEO tells you to bring your family to work instead of evacuating and you go "huh, that's kinda weird"

settle down snowflake

It's quite possible plenty of people who work there have had little to no interaction with the CEO aside from a few standard corporate memos and "we are a family" statements, certainly not enough to realize how much she sucks.

If you told me a business called PostcardMania in 2022 in Clearwater was a front for Scientology, I'd certainly believe you.

It's quite possible plenty of people who work there have had little to no interaction with the CEO aside from a few standard corporate memos and "we are a family" statements, certainly not enough to realize how much she sucks.

If you told me a business called PostcardMania in 2022 in Clearwater was a front for Scientology, I'd certainly believe you.
welp

In Clearwater, Florida, spiritual home of the Church of Scientology, a well known local Scientologist-owned business is PostcardMania, a direct-mail firm, whose owner and CEO Joy Gendusa is an OT 8 Scientologist and a star of both Scientology’s official website and its propaganda magazine, Freedom.

LOL.

Here's that article:

Later, in Gendusa’s spacious office, the energetic mother of two speaks to her background and management philosophy. When she arrived in Clearwater to study Scientology 25 years ago she entered the local workforce. She founded PostcardMania nine years later, after realizing the apparent scarcity of well-paying and rewarding local jobs.

A high school dropout, she says that all of her business acumen is self-taught. Its primary source: a 12-volume series containing a full management methodology, authored by Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard. In addition to founding the religion, Mr. Hubbard researched and wrote on how organizations of any kind can operate successfully and prosper. Gendusa says, “I studied a lot of Mr. Hubbard’s writings on administration and management, where I learned things and then applied them in practical ways to my life and, secularly, to my business.”

As an example, she reaches for a Hubbard book on administration and shows several passages that describe a common sense, ethical approach to conducting business and supplying customers with more than “fair value” in any exchange of goods and services—a practice that has earned both the company and its founder/CEO an impressive collection of kudos: Inc. 500 status; Tampa Bay Business Journal Entrepreneur Business Woman of the Year, twice, most recently in 2013; the MarCom Creative Award; Hermes Gold Award; and an award from the Clearwater Chamber of Commerce that named PostcardMania Business of the Year.

I'm going to guess being told to work in a hurricane isn't in the top 50 worst things that's happened to employees of a Scientology front.

Heh, we use this company and they called me today at 6:30 in the fucking morning and woke me up as we've been trying to resolve a bill they overcharged us for 6 months ago, and this woman trying to collect literally is unable to read emails.

We use them as well. They're probably the largest data/file storage company in the US.

There is nothing more universal than hating Iron Mountain, but having no other viable options. With our plan, we were supposed to get files we called back from IM in 2 business days and could pay for various rush services. During 2020 and 2021, we would request a 1 or 2 hour rush and get files 4 or 5 days later. And they would still try to make us pay the rush fee.

Back