• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Captain's Choice Mafia - Game over civs win

I would pick GAT because chat, rommy because we haven't been maf teammates in eons and also chat, and Eagles so that while the rest of are shooting the shit with ryala, someone is winning the game for us.

Townie is the obvious pick in this game which means I would not have picked him but assume a lot of people would have

You'd probably be lame like you used to be and RNG it

BYM because he seems to think I'm mafia no matter what.

Everyone has a blind spot. You always look mafia to me. Rommy always looks civ.

I’d probably get better reads, but you don’t post much.

Btw, here is the definitive answer. If you’re not picking your maf bro’s based on who would be good to spend time with in chat, you’re doing it wrong.

1) eagles because he’s normal and you’re fucked if he’s on the other side
2) tic because he’s great to be in chat with
3) someone like d14 because he’s boy fucking wonder all of the sudden (townie also fits in this category)
4) gooner and gouda would be cool in chat

D14 - He has a lot of promise and hasn’t been mafia yet.
Townie - A good player who I think can fly low.
DV7 - Planned casualty. I think he can draw attention away without giving the rest of us up.

Also, the people I’d draft have to be fun in chat.

giphy.gif

Phase 10 takes longer to play than fucking Risk.

And ***gooner***

If anyone makes fun of my age in comparison to Mason Ramsey I will vote for you

Why does everyone love Townie so much.

Better question. Why doesn’t Townie love me?

I’m a fan bro, but you seem to attract early attention. At least when DV7 does, he goes out in a blaze of glory (glory?).

Captain's Choice Mafia Pickability Power Rankings
1) rommy - Good selection for mafia proficiency but also for chat proficiency
2) Eagles - #1 pick if just on mafia proficiency
3) Townie - Solid chatter, burgeoning mafia talent, stock as high as any new player's can be
4) tic - Great chatter, boom or bust as a mafia player, but his highest highs are far higher than his lowest lows
5) bym - Will fly under the radar, underestimated as a mafia player, solid chatter
6) GAT - Great chatter, a "doesn't take anything off the table" mafia player
7) gouda - Solid chatter, might be able to draw out 75% effort because you picked him which will make him feel special
8) SD3 - Expert at "wait how is he alive on D6" playstyle, good chat skills
9) parlay - Haven't been in a maf chat with him recently but no doubt brings an A game, solid if slightly "is there a screw loose" mafia play
10) D14 - Could easily usurp Townie as "best new player" if Townie starts slacking with the ego boost, haven't chatted with him yet but seems like he'd be enjoyable
11) JMan - Underrated mafia player, won't hurt the team, no idea on chat skills
12) Nonny - Solid maf player but haven't seen enough play from him due to late signups recently, I'm sure he's lovely in chat
13) Mako - top tier chat skills, may help your team by dumbtelling himself clear despite being the person who submitted the night hit
14) WFU03 - Good chatter but every post he ever posts seems like mafia which is bad when he's actually mafia
15) dv7 - May get AA'd so though he has solid chat skills, that's too far a risk to take

Will this be the game people finally start listening to my reads? Time will tell.

Phase 10 takes longer to play than fucking Risk.

And ***gooner***

No matter how many times I play Phase 10, we always have to quit at some point because it's taking too long

Who wants to run Ph before he can get in here and not claim cop?

And this is a joke, not a dumb tell.

I’m a fan bro, but you seem to attract early attention. At least when DV7 does, he goes out in a blaze of glory (glory?).

I wish I had some more dv7 in me, bro.

Also I miss knight.

You'd probably be lame like you used to be and RNG it

I’m not sure if I RNG’d it or just claimed it. I think the dumbest thing I used to do when I got tired of people analyzing my thread entries every game was not read my role PM until the end of day1 to be as organic as possible.

Who’s your top mafia pick right now?

Already posted it. It’s mako.

No other leans yet except that I thought it was funny WFU03 assumed he’d make it to day 3 in the signup thread.

Everyone claims they’d RNG it. Few people ever do.

Back