• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Catan, Carcassonne and Candy Land (Pit Board Game Thread)

"I mean, I'm nationally ranked, so it isn't even really fair."

I'm pretty good at Risk, but that's mainly because I play like a more conniving Richard Hatch. Ditto for Catan.

Axis and Allies is fun. I haven't played that in a while. I had a middle school math teacher who had that game installed on his school PC. Cool dude. He played it during lunch.

I tried to get into Go last year, but I am terrible at it.

Yes! I love Scattergories, but nobody ever wants to play with me :(

The ipad has really expanded my board game horizons

My favorites are Puerto Rico, Ticket to Ride and Tigres and Euphrates. I played several other Reiner Knizia games in addition to Tigres and Euphrates, and have liked them all.

Oh, and Small World too.

How the hell do you play Small World. I bought it for my tablet but it is so fucking confusing.

I've played a good bit of Twilight Struggle. Its a lot of fun and definitely deserves the #1 rating. GMT Games makes it and its one their best sellers. Go to www.gmtgames.com.

Yes! I love Scattergories, but nobody ever wants to play with me :(

It might be my favorite. I try to get the fam to play every year at the beach. And we've been playing the last few Christmases with my in laws.

Seems like a good place for this:

boardgames.jpg

LOL... "Hardest rules ever?" -> Axis & Allies.

Not by a long shot.

I've never heard of Puerto Rico... I'm intrigued.

another vote for farkle.

we got the kids settlers of catan for christmas and tried to play it but it was really tedious. maybe we're doing it wrong. maybe the kids aren't old enough (11, 11, and smart 8).

So after a conversation spanning two afternoons spawned by a book my daughter is reading in school about the Civil War, I am now playing a game of Axis & Allies against my 7 year old daughter. I don't even know how to react to that, but I have this terrible fear that she is going to beat me.

another vote for farkle.

we got the kids settlers of catan for christmas and tried to play it but it was really tedious. maybe we're doing it wrong. maybe the kids aren't old enough (11, 11, and smart 8).

it's tedious enough with a group of adults; i actually can't imagine playing it w/ kids those ages. i'm sure it will go easier once you've played a couple times and they start to 'get it' more... but yeah. Good luck.

Does Townie has a girlfriend? He's never mentioned "her" in any of his posts.

We got Catan for Christmas. Even our 7 year old can play it, and our 9 year old has beat us once. Great game. Very deep but accessible at the same time.

Diggler, how do yall play farkle? We've tried it a few different ways, but settled on one that we all like. The least favorite was where if you roll 1000, pass it to me & I build off of it, it takes away your points.

I've never heard of Puerto Rico... I'm intrigued.

Puerto Rico is awesome. I can't recommend it highly enough. I'm also a big Catan fan, especially Cities and Knights, and I recently played Carcassonne for the first time on NYE and thought it was awesome, although all the champagne helped. But I'm really down for any board game.

For Christmas my fiancee got me the Cards Against Humanity Twelve Days (or whatever) of Kwanzaa. There was a bunch of random stuff, including a new western-ish card game we haven't tried yet, but I also got some personalized CAH cards, which I'm super excited/scared about using.

Back