• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cavanagh

berneses

Reaction score
Deserves a shout for his best game as a Deac. He has improved quite a bit this year.

He is wildly inconsistent, but I'm confident with a new coach we will see a lot out of him and Moto. The talent and effort are there.

The play where he took it strong to the rack and finished with the left hand was hopefully a sign of things to come.

It was both amazing and upsetting that with the game on the line at the end, Cav and Travis got the inbounds passes. What a thought! Wake's best free throw shooters get the ball at crunch time with the game on the line and less than two minutes left.

Sometimes he looks like he has no business playing high major Division 1 basketball, getting his shot blocked left and right, getting abused on defense in the post, etc. And then sometimes he looks like tonight. Excited what he (and Moto) can do with the new coach.

Like earlier big men at Wake he is growing into the job. He's going to be solid the next two years. And he does have a nice outside stroke. Love this kid.

He was unstoppable in the first half, just a really great game from him and he contributes in a lot of ways.

Great that we get the ball in one of big man's hands towards the end since he's almost automatic with free throws........

Overall, Cav played the game of his life tonight and really enjoyed himself.
Glad to see it

He has been to the line 40 times in the past 7 games and made 35 of them (87.5%). That's what we need to see more of moving forward for sure.

Cav will continue to get better. Will be a very good big man by the middle of next year. Just now starting to get his legs under him in the post, and realize his potential. I have always liked his game.

Think Syracuse wish they had him now?

ProActive? That's for civilians. Dude needs some serious acutane and laser work.

If Cav gets a coach who can get him to buy in 100% and bust it every game like he did tonight then he could be something special come senior year. Shit he's one good summer and coach away from in my opinion having a break through. I've never seen the way he played tonight so I'm hoping dropping a career high (i think?) on Rodney Hood and Duke has got to do something for his confidence. Honestly I think he's got a good chance to turn out to be one of the better big men that we've had in a while.

Back