• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cavanagh

You could tell his confidence was at an all time high last night. In the last five minutes he had that nice jab-step midrange jumper and the fake to the middle of the floor and go to his left move. Those were big time plays. The next coach will see those and think there is something there.

He was unstoppable in the first half, just a really great game from him and he contributes in a lot of ways.

Cav was the man during the last 5 min of the game. Two shots made, two follow-ups made, countless free throws made and he was in on several rebounds, tipped balls and turnovers. If you happened to dvr the game, go back and watch the last 5 mins, it was truly 'The Cav Show'.

80% Ft percentage is what impresses me the most. He has great skills, but needs to go to the rack more often and get fouled. Foul trouble against Duke is what won this game for the Deacs. That span of Parker on the bench and Hood fouling our made that great run a little easier.

Great Game!

not sure the purpose of insulting one of our players due to a skin condition, that's generally for opposing fans

based on what I saw of you in the billboard interviews, you should spend more time in the gym and the Bosley website

Chill out Alice, we're just kidding. We love the kid, he showed a lot of heart last night. Glad he's a Deac.

I don't get why people say he's been so inconsistent. Over the past eight games, only MD was a stinker.

9,8,14,5 (MD), 15,12 8 (foul trouble), 20

It looks like the light may be coming on.

not sure the purpose of insulting one of our players due to a skin condition, that's generally for opposing fans

based on what I saw of you in the billboard interviews, you should spend more time in the gym and the Bosley website

agree. zing!

Yep, completely uncalled for
Great game by Cav, showed a lot of confidence down the stretch

Other teams' players with skin condition= fair game anytime anyplace. Our guy who just scored 20 points in a win over the evil Ratface- not cool.

That little jab step and mid-range two was baller. Straight old white guy at the Y move.

One thing that still bothers me about him (and I even noticed it a bit last night), is that he's way too tentative in the mid range. He had a few open looks that he hesitated on before the defense reacted and he decided to drive, instead. Wish he would take the open jumper when it presents itself.

Of course, then he pulls something off like that ballsy jab step, and I don't know what to think.

He is turning in to a really nice player. The cupboard is by no means bare on this team, despite what some posters think.

He's the kind of guy every good team needs to have.

I'd work him on his hand strength and lateral movement in the offseason.

He is turning in to a really nice player. The cupboard is by no means bare on this team, despite what some posters think.

I agree the new coach is stepping into a good situation. With the right non-conference schedule, a good coach can win 20 games and be a bubble team right out of the gate with this group.

We still need more help down low to free up Cav and and take pressure off Devin. Haas we recruited anyone else?

Back