• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Also, you gotta read Ender's Shadow if you've only read Ender's Game, apparently this movie will incorporate both books.

seems to me like they're burning through material. At this rate, will Marvel Studios exist in 2020?

Marvel has a very deep bench. Keep in mind Disney's 2014 animated movie is a Marvel property.

I won't mind if they strike while the iron is hot and cool down in a few years and focus on the annual Star Wars flick. You gotta think they're working hard to get the rights to Spider-Man, X-Men, and Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer.

I think Blade, Punisher, and Daredevil reverted back to Marvel, so they could definitely slate those movies for 2020.

Great article about the Marvel Studios approach:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...could-stand-to-pay-attention-to-them-20130501

There's a couple of fan trailers on the youtubes

The company who's been producing stories featuring these characters going back as far as the 1940's?

There is a huge backlog of storylines, but much of those storylines are dated and unusable, and the storylines that are interesting enough to use in films are being conglomerated (amalgamated?). There is certainly doubt that characters universes like Iron Man's have a capable enough roster of villains to keep making films about. The model of rebooting the characters every couple of years is also still questionable.

Last edited:
There is a huge backlog of storylines, but much of those storylines are dated and unusable, and the storylines that are interesting enough to use in films are being conglomerated (amalgamated?). There is certainly doubt that characters universes like Iron Man's have a capable enough roster of villains to keep making films about. The model of rebooting the characters every couple of years is also still questionable.

Maybe, but so far these movies have been printing money...and Batman has been doing this for over 20 years now.

Studios reboot characters and franchises after a poorly reviewed movie or a movie that writes things into a corner.

Marvel is going strong and this set up could overcome one or two bad movies.

You know, just like the comic book people have done every month for every character for like 75 years, you can just make up new storylines for these characters if they're not suitable for film. It's not like they're going to be like, "Whoops, Iron Man ran out of good villains that will translate well to the cinema. Let's just throw that franchise in the can!"

We've recently seen Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, and X-Men rebooted. And Batman is probably going to get rebooted again.

Marvel could still keep this going if Iron Man 3 or Thor 2 flopped. I doubt they're committed to just doing trilogies either. Heck, we may hear a 2016 date for Iron Man 4 by the end of the year.

We've recently seen Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, and X-Men rebooted. And Batman is probably going to get rebooted again.

Marvel could still keep this going if Iron Man 3 or Thor 2 flopped. I doubt they're committed to just doing trilogies either. Heck, we may hear a 2016 date for Iron Man 4 by the end of the year.

Hopefully not anytime soon.

Not sure I'd be interested in any more Batman movies for the next decade....especially since you can't really improve on Nolan's trilogy.

Hopefully not anytime soon.

Not sure I'd be interested in any more Batman movies for the next decade....especially since you can't really improve on Nolan's trilogy.

Batman is in the fold for Justice League. There have been rumblings that Bale might consider coming back if Nolan produces...but I'll believe it when I see it.

Batman is in the fold for Justice League. There have been rumblings that Bale might consider coming back if Nolan produces...but I'll believe it when I see it.

Yea that would be OK...in a JL movie, but not another reboot.

There are going to be more Batman movies. There is too much money on the table even if the JL movie flops. If it does well, hopefully we'll see solo films for other characters. A lot is riding on Man of Steel though.

Obviously there will be more...we knew that even after the Batman & Robin shitshow...

I just hope they give it a while..it was 8 years between B&R and Begins, and Nolan had nowhere to go but UP from that piece of shit.

It's a little different when he set the bar so high with his trilogy. Have to find the right direction and right director and a new set of villains to portray (though odds are they go back to Penguin/Riddler/etc and hopefully stay away from Bane/Joker/Catwoman)

Definitely a question of WHEN is the right time, not IF they should do it.

Only 8 years? Wow. Hard to see them waiting until 2020 for another Batman flick.

There's plenty of Batman stuff they could do. They don't have to do the whole origin, Year One type stuff. They can use an established Batman with Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, maybe more fighting against established villains.

The bigger issue for WB/DC is the lack of depth. There was reasonable skepticism that Marvel could do legit Iron Man, Thor, and Cap films. I think they were more plausible than the other primary JL members. DC has already messed up Green Lantern, although they could just go with a different lantern in a reboot. They've been trying to do Wonder Woman for years and it hasn't worked. (I'll make another pitch for the 2009 animated film.) Martian Manhunter? Hawkman and Hawkgirl/woman? Flash? Maybe, but I don't think superspeed would translate well to film as a primary power. I know they're trying to elevate Cyborg, but I'm not sure about movie material.

I'm a huge fan of DC animation, but I just don't know if they can get more than 2 movies from their heroes. I will say again that a Lex Luthor movie and a Joker movie would be badass. Unfortunately, that just stacks onto the lack of depth problem.

Back