• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

One person didn't like it so far.

I started reading the review but after he established his cred as a comic book movie defender who thinks Winter Soldier is one of the GOATs, he got real spoilery.

Spider-Man sounds perfect in this clip.

Wonder Man is one of Marvel's oldest characters and a long, long time Avenger. Fillion's a great choice to play him.

I'd noticed that recent reviews of Lucifer have been favorable, so I checked out the last 3 episodes. It's actually pretty decent, the show's evolved from being simply "Castle (more Fillion!), but with the Devil" to having its own arc that made the character at least somewhat familiar to the Vertigo comic. I had stopped watching after the 2nd episode so I'll fill in the gaps from 3-9 to see how it morphed.

I'm only 5 episodes into Arrow, but there are already a couple things that irritate me. 1: Everyone is disturbingly attractive. I feel like they could have gotten better actors if every actor/actress wasn't a 10. From the tech girl at the Queens' company, to literally everyone in that law office. 2: I know this is going to sound ridiculous for a comic book show, but it is unrealistic. I'm not talking about the abilities, characters, or even the events. I'm talking about everything else as far as interpersonal communication. Everything seems like it is written to appeal to teenagers. It is so overly dramatic and at times just cringe-worthy. Does this ever get better? I never read Green Arrow, so I'm not sure if that is the source material, the nature of network TV comic book shows, or just the CW.

I'm mainly watching because I want to see Flash, and figured I'd do my due-diligence and watch Arrow as well.

Last edited:
I'll let RedSoxFaithful take that question in detail, but yes. It gets better.

I'm only 5 episodes into Arrow,
I'll let RedSoxFaithful take that question in detail, but yes. It gets better.

yes hello

but there are already a couple things that irritate me.

Me too! Season 1 starts out as trash, and it continues being trash for a while. I am glad that you are annoyed.

1: Everyone is disturbingly attractive. I feel like they could have gotten better actors if every actor/actress wasn't a 10. From the tech girl at the Queens' company, to literally everyone in that law office.

It's a CW show. For the most part, this doesn't change. But! Laurel's face looks like a foot (10 my ass), and most of the actors do legitimately improve over time. Stephen Amell (Oliver), in particular, ends up really crushing that role, but it takes some time for him to get going, I think. The acting ends up being a legitimate strong point, even. Thea, Lance, Moira, Diggle... Those guys really do get better. And Malcolm. Malcolm's scenery chewing is the best.

The only actress who really doesn't get better (and in actuality, regresses) is Felicity. She ends up whining and sing-songing and overacting, and it's saying something to call a person out for overacting on a cast that includes John Barrowman and Paul Blackthorne.

2: I know this is going to sound ridiculous for a comic book show, but it is unrealistic. I'm not talking about the abilities, characters, or even the events. I'm talking about everything else as far as interpersonal communication. Everything seems like it is written to appeal to teenagers. It is so overly dramatic and at times just cringe-worthy. Does this ever get better? I never read Green Arrow, so I'm not sure if that is the source material, the nature of network TV comic book shows, or just the CW.

It sort of gets better, yeah, and then it gets worse. Season 1 has a lot of that sort of teen soap bullshit, but then Season 2 comes along and everyone is firing on all cylinders and the script is great and the villain is scary and the writing grows the fuck up, and the focus moves towards superheroics and away from melodrama.

But then Season 3 happens. And now we're in the midst of an extended relationship bullshit arc that it just fucking dumb and out-of-character for everyone involved.

The show is definitely best when it remembers that it's a comic book show.

I'm mainly watching because I want to see Flash, and figured I'd do my due-diligence and watch Arrow as well.

Yeah, I really agree with you doing this. If I'm ranking seasons, it goes S2 Arrow, S1 Flash, S4 Arrow, S2 Flash, S1 Arrow, getting hit by a car, hanging out with Laurel Lance, S3 Arrow.

It's fun to go back and read some of the bad lines from S1 of Arrow.

There's a great part of the S1 arc, where (mild S1 spoilers ahead, nothing crazy tho) Malcolm impersonates Oliver to kill some people and Lance (IIRC) uses the logic that since the arrows were black and not green, it couldn't possibly be the green arrow. Because colors.

My advice for the new Arrow viewer -

Slog through S1
Enjoy S2
Quit watching at the start of S3.

I worked through S3 of Arrow, but looking back it killed my excitement to start watching Arrow straight up. Good to see Arrow S4 is better than Flash S2. I'll probably start binging it soon if only to clean up my DVR.

Back