• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

I should note that I might a little more down on S2 Flash than most. S4 Arrow is boosted significantly by Dahrk. The OLICITY stuff is terribad.

The latest X-Men: Apocalypse trailer actually got me excited about the film. Some nice Nightcrawler-Raven and Quicksilver-Magneto teases. I could do without the Wolverine tease but it will guarantee my wife will see it with me opening weekend.

The latest X-Men: Apocalypse trailer actually got me excited about the film. Some nice Nightcrawler-Raven and Quicksilver-Magneto teases. I could do without the Wolverine tease but it will guarantee my wife will see it with me opening weekend.

Agreed. This last one was way more action-centric. Mystique still seems a little out of place to me in this movie for some reason. Maybe it's because I've never really thought J Law was the right casting choice.

Last edited:
OLICITY was the worst thing that ever happened to the show. It softens Oliver's character and turns Felicity into a whiny bucket of awful. And I agree that S2 of the Flash has mostly been bad, too.

RSF and I are on the same page with all of this. We're CW bros.

And for the love of everything stay far away from Legends of Tomorrow. Holy shit is it bad.

Agreed. This last one was way more action-centric. Mystique still seems a little out of place to me in this movie for some reason. Maybe it's because I've never really thought J Law was the right casting choice.

She may have been the right casting choice at the time, but she outgrew the role in terms of ability and stardom.

I don't like that Storm and Psylocke are bad guys and Mystique is giving rah rah speeches in Xavier's absence. The most important thing for me is that this film ends with Xavier leading a young team of mutants against Magneto. That's it. It doesn't need to set up the first film. Just give me the basics.

I hope I can buy into Sophie Turner as Jean before the movie starts. Right now I see her and only think "Poor Sansa, how will she suffer now?"

I'm curious to see how far down the rabbit hole they go with Psylock. Her backstory is... complex, especially if they're going with hot Asian chick Psylock.

OLICITY was the worst thing that ever happened to the show. It softens Oliver's character and turns Felicity into a whiny bucket of awful. And I agree that S2 of the Flash has mostly been bad, too.

And for the love of everything stay far away from Legends of Tomorrow. Holy shit is it bad.

LoT is still better than Gotham.

I'm curious to see how far down the rabbit hole they go with Psylock. Her backstory is... complex, especially if they're going with hot Asian chick Psylock.

Hopefully, she was just born Asian in the movies because that comic book arc was ridiculous.

Yeah. <3

I like(d) Olicity, though! The first half of this season, when the status quo of EMBRACE THE LIGHT and #happyolicity set in, was fantastic, I thought. I liked that dynamic a lot. Plus, that arc really worked to rebuild Felicity after the shitsnack that was S3.

Here are the problems with Olicity:
-The will they/won't they drama; namely, like everything else terrible about Arrow, this was mostly contained to S3.
-Felicity became super whiney during S3, and reverted to her super whineyness during the current breakup plot. In S2 and the first half of S4, she's cool.
-The breakup plot MAKES NO SENSE. It doesn't make logical sense in the plot, it's contrived as hell, and it doesn't make sense for the characters of Oliver and Felicity. It's one of the dumbest things the show has ever tried to do, and this is a show that resurrected Oliver using herbs and soup when the universe contained a goddamn Lazarus Pit. It's dumb. Stop it, show. Just put them back together, and let things be without stupid pointless needless relationship drama. I understand that this is the CW, but stop. Stop. Stop. Stop.

Anyway.

CBM: Video Game Movies and Movies from Video Games

AOS is starting to give no fucks with respect to copying X-Men.

The need to let Simmons dress up more.

Last edited:
The Flash had maybe a series-worst episode last night. They've really bungled the whole Zoom arc... I think it might be irredeemable at this point.

I forgot that show exists. It doesn't even register as a thing to me any more.

I sneak peaks at reviews periodically to see if any of the plotlines make me feel like I'm missing something. I do not feel that I am.

A superhero with no powers is generally pretty boring.

Yeah. What made it worse is that they have an emerging superhero in Vibe who did nothing and then Killer Frost died a meaningless death.

Recreating the particle accelerator explosion does nothing for me. Same with the Hunter-Caitlin love angle.

I thought the new AOS Inhuman was a Gambit clone but it is actually a Secret Warrior named Hellfire. I have no desire to see Skye-Ward in any form but it didn't annoy me as much as I anticipated.

Flash is suffering from season too long syndrome. It takes forever for anything interesting to happen in an episode. They're really wasting some good characters.

Yeah. The Flash would benefit from going to a 13 ep season or at least splitting the season in two like AOS.

I found this to be of interest - Russo bros claim that BvS led to Civil War

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04...war-because-of-batman-v-superman-announcement

That's why we NEED DC to be making good movies. Rising tide and all that.

Here's some AoS marketing that's a recreation of a Spider-Man comic that foretold Gwen Stacy's death (uh, spoiler I guess for anyone that didn't know Gwen died back in the 70s).

agents-of-shieldjpg-684c34_610w.jpg

So whoever dies in space is one of these characters.

Back