• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Flash is still kinda meh, but Arrow has gotten back to what made it good. The most recent episode was really good. I keep finding, though, that the show is strongest when it focuses on the original three of Oliver, Digg, and Felicity.

I sorta like the new recruits! Aside from fucking Curtis, I mean. He has just become the friggin' worst. I like Rory ( :( ) and Rene a lot, though. And NuLaurel has potential.

edit: I'm surprised I don't miss Thea more than I do. She hasn't had a single scene in two eps, and was probably the best part of the show when it sucked the last two years. Ah, well. At least we got LANCE back this week.

I sorta like the new recruits! Aside from fucking Curtis, I mean. He has just become the friggin' worst. I like Rory ( :( ) and Rene a lot, though. And NuLaurel has potential.

edit: I'm surprised I don't miss Thea more than I do. She hasn't had a single scene in two eps, and was probably the best part of the show when it sucked the last two years. Ah, well. At least we got LANCE back this week.

Thea didn't have much to do. Then she was babysitting Lance and he went to rehab.

When she comes back, she needs to be fighting again.

They've dropped quite a few plots this season including Prometheus and Evelyn. This Susan Williams angle is interesting. The vodka bottle foreshadowed it awhile ago.

I like the Felicity solo arc as well. Much better than renewing Olicity.

I read a theory the other day that SUSAN WILLIAMS IS PROMETHEUS. I sorta hope they go with that, because that would be crazy and completely illogical but I'd love it anyway

I like it. As long as they don't have retcon someone he killed in Season 1. That was pathetic. He left enough bodies that they didn't need to make any up.

she's dead then? guess that won't be a surprise when i watch the show.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, she's "X-Men dead". Sure this show seems a little more grounded (that doesn't seem to be the right word but I can't think of a substitute) but it's still X-Men and death means nothing. Of course that can be extended to Marvel in general, but at least a couple of non X-Men have died and stayed dead.

Also I got a strong Rogue vibe from the other woman too. Not to mention Mojo seemingly showing up.

Last edited:
Stop posting trash takes, and we'll stop taking them to the curb where they belong.

What is trash about saying that I found Daredevil easier to watch due to the believability of the story over the other 'Defenders' shows.

I didn't say it was better and I didn't downplay others' opinions. FFS

At a park right now and there's 6 little girls probably ages 4-7 gathered around a set of DC Super Hero Girls dolls. They're coming up with different stories for Supergirl, Batgirl, Bumblebee, Harley Quinn, and Poison Ivy. Pretty cool.

At a park right now and there's 6 little girls probably ages 4-7 gathered around a set of DC Super Hero Girls dolls. They're coming up with different stories for Supergirl, Batgirl, Bumblebee, Harley Quinn, and Poison Ivy. Pretty cool.

One day, and maybe that day is already here, the industry will ask themselves "why did we not market to 1/2 the available audience for the past 70 years?"

Two little recent tidbits I found noteworthy:

I'm not sure exactly how much of an indicator this is, but GotG score a very rare 100% at a test screening. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ores-extremely-rare-100-test-screening-974277 I'm curious what other movies got the same score.

Here's the first little something about Infinity Wars, which most notably confirms Avengers + Guardians, to the surprise of no one.

That's awesome

Just finished Legion. Does anyone else think/hope that:

"The Yellow Eyed Devil" is Mojo? It would be insanely difficult to have him be the first villain, but would be amazing if they could pull it off. That was just the first thought I had when I saw him. Feel free to shoot this down entirely.

Just a couple more weeks!

Arrow going full SJW tonight. I wondered if they would ever embrace that aspect of the character.

So Legion was good again. I feel like it's simply an FX version of a typical superhero origin. Lots of familiar beats that are twisted a little bit.

The end was similar to Empire Strikes Back except David stayed to complete his training. Ptonomy and Bird combined to be a Prof X type.

That's not a bad thing. Not at all. It fits into the genre well. It's not as different as I was led to believe.

Arrow going full SJW tonight. I wondered if they would ever embrace that aspect of the character.

They still didn't have Oliver take a strong, liberal stance like he did in the comics he was most famous for in the 70s, though he was left leaning in the show. Sadly the position of "hey let's find some sort of solution to curb gun violence" makes you identified as a leftist, instead of a common sense-ist, but I don't want to turn this into the Tunnels...

Mostly I have to say the episode title ("Spectre of the Gun") had me hoping there would be an alien induced psychic recreation of the gunfight at OK Corral, but that was not to be.

They still didn't have Oliver take a strong, liberal stance like he did in the comics he was most famous for in the 70s, though he was left leaning in the show. Sadly the position of "hey let's find some sort of solution to curb gun violence" makes you identified as a leftist, instead of a common sense-ist, but I don't want to turn this into the Tunnels...

Mostly I have to say the episode title ("Spectre of the Gun") had me hoping there would be an alien induced psychic recreation of the gunfight at OK Corral, but that was not to be.

I thought that Digg and Wild Dog's use of guns would be put more in the spotlight. I thought what they did was effective overall even if it was basically a call back to the 90's "Tonight, on a very special episode of [insert teen drama here]"

Didn't see the ep yet, but you can't expect Arrow to address hypocrisy with respect to violence.

Didn't see the ep yet, but you can't expect Arrow to address hypocrisy with respect to violence.

they sorta did, though.

my problem with it was basically what Deadbolt said. it felt like a Very Special Episode, in part because it's so far away from what they've done over the past 4+ seasons, and in part because there's no way to have character organically get into a (surprisingly nuanced!) gun control debate that dominates 10+ minutes of screentime on a show like Arrow

Back