• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

A blind guy beating up criminals and a really strong villain.....easier to believe than mind control and glowing fists.

You guys really dont need to mock every opinion of every tv show i ever post ya know.

I get where you're coming from. I know a lot of people that quit watching Game of Thrones at the first sign of dragons. We all have a threshold when it comes to suspension of disbelief. Most were apparently ok with the opening scene of a white walker, presumably because they didn't know what it was. Same with a giant wall that separated 2 lands; but when it got to the dragons they tapped out. I could see a similar thing happening within the Marvel universe, although, people's tolerance should probably be higher going in, given that it's based on a comic book.

A blind guy beating up criminals and a really strong villain.....easier to believe than mind control and glowing fists.

You guys really dont need to mock every opinion of every tv show i ever post ya know.

Stop posting trash takes, and we'll stop taking them to the curb where they belong.

Legion, I'm buying what you're selling. I'm going to have to find some source online that meticulously breaks down every frame. Based on Fargo, most details matter and almost every shot was chock full of detail.

Note to anyone that feels like bailing out after the first 15-20 minutes, stick with it. I didn't find the opening too slow, but I have seen that sentiment stated online several times.

Legion, I'm buying what you're selling. I'm going to have to find some source online that meticulously breaks down every frame. Based on Fargo, most details matter and almost every shot was chock full of detail.

Note to anyone that feels like bailing out after the first 15-20 minutes, stick with it. I didn't find the opening too slow, but I have seen that sentiment stated online several times.

Man, you know your attention span is too short when you give up on a comic book show after a slow first 15 - 20 mins o_O

I think I have a relatively short attention span, and it still took me about 30 hours before I gave up on Agents of Shield.

Seeing as Legion could be one of those shows where viewers break down lots of things online, what should the spoiler time for this thread be?

Last edited:

Dude. Marvel more than met you halfway on realism by turning this:

into this:

Man, you know your attention span is too short when you give up on a comic book show after a slow first 15 - 20 mins o_O

I think I have a relatively short attention span, and it still took me about 30 hours before I gave up on Agents of Shield.

Seeing as Legion could be one of those shows where viewers break down lots of things online, what should the spoiler time for this thread be?

Agents of SHIELD has been really good lately. I feel like the first half of every season drags, but that it's pretty great once it shakes off the rust.

I was into it pretty quickly. I felt Preacher had an equally strong start and enjoyed it all the way through, minus some slow points in the middle. Hopefully this keeps it up too! Wife enjoyed both as well, so that makes it much easier to watch.

Preacher required a lot of familiarity with the source material to follow the first episode. Legion required none.

Preacher required a lot of familiarity with the source material to follow the first episode. Legion required none.

My wife and I felt fine with Preacher having just skimmed the wiki for Preacher, but I guess that's still more than some people would even do.

I hope that even though Aubrey Plaza is "dead", she's still on the show.

I know they said they weren't going to have the main X-men characters on this show but Syd seemed an awful lot like Rogue minus the southern accent. Assuming she was real of course.

I really enjoyed the first episode.

she's dead then? guess that won't be a surprise when i watch the show.

We've never, ever, ever had a spoiler restriction when talking weekly shows. Hell, a few of us used to live-post Arrow and Flash episodes.

I haven't seen the Legion pilot yet, but I'd expect people to be posting about it on, you know, the comic book thread.

Speaking of Arrow and the Flash, I'm really digging where both of them are going this season. Arrow, in particular, has gotten a lot better, and this is probably its second best season after S2. The batshit crazy Bratva storyline is a lot of fun, and we're getting the first actually-interesting standalone Felicity arc in the show's entire run.

The Flash is mostly just aight, but still streets ahead of that terrible 2nd season, so. I miss Earth-2 Wells. Sorta hoping they continue the new-Wells-every-season conceit next year.

We've never, ever, ever had a spoiler restriction when talking weekly shows. Hell, a few of us used to live-post Arrow and Flash episodes.

I haven't seen the Legion pilot yet, but I'd expect people to be posting about it on, you know, the comic book thread.

I remember back in the day there were like 40 people that would live-post every Office episode. Most of the posts only made sense if you were watching live also. Stuff like "Stanley!" or "hahahahahaha CREED IS THE BEST!"

Speaking of Arrow and the Flash, I'm really digging where both of them are going this season. Arrow, in particular, has gotten a lot better, and this is probably its second best season after S2. The batshit crazy Bratva storyline is a lot of fun, and we're getting the first actually-interesting standalone Felicity arc in the show's entire run.

The Flash is mostly just aight, but still streets ahead of that terrible 2nd season, so. I miss Earth-2 Wells. Sorta hoping they continue the new-Wells-every-season conceit next year.

Flash is still kinda meh, but Arrow has gotten back to what made it good. The most recent episode was really good. I keep finding, though, that the show is strongest when it focuses on the original three of Oliver, Digg, and Felicity.

CBM: The Lego Batman Movie premieres (91% on RT)

Yeah. There's no reason to have spoiler restrictions on shows everybody can watch from their couch. I knew Arrow spoilers years before I began watching it and that was fine.

Based on Sepinwall interviews with the show creator and Plaza, she's still a regular. Ghost Plaza was still hot.

Apparently her character was originally a man. But she was interested on the condition they didn't change anything about the character for her. Makes sense in retrospect.

The woman who plays Syd is very engaging. She has a unique look about her. So many questions about the switch and how the team found her and how much of it is real.

The more I think about it, the show creator is simply using Legion to do his own version of a traditional X-Men show with a mix of original and obscure characters. The end definitely looked like an X-Men origin show.

Last edited:
Back