• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Now that's a damn comic book movie. Definitely in my top 5, and probably 3.

Last edited:
I love the GotG so much. The scene with them and Thor was probably my favorite in the whole movie. Actually was surprised by the depth of Thanos not really knowing the comics - I thought he was just some power hungry asshole but had an interesting motivation. Enjoyed it but one thing I thought wasn’t the best choice I’ll mention once we can do spoilers.

That was wonderful. The Russo brothers handle BIG better than any director ever. Of course it helps that we already know who all these characters are because Marvel has been so good at universe building and executing a vision, but I never felt like any character wasn’t properly utilized.

No spoilers, but this is Marvel’s Empire Strikes Back. It’s dark and emotional and tragic and beautiful and is exactly what you want after ten years. I cannot wait for the ultimate resolution.

I thought Cap was very underwhelming, but that was my only complaint. Thanos made the movie for me. Brolin was excellent.

So much better than Black Panther

Awesome entertainment

Dr. strange was my favorite good guy

They should have just retconned Dr. Strange to be British. His weirdly shitty American accent really took me out his movie.

Was going to go see Avengers this morning at 9:30 am but it’s apparently three hours with the previews so I couldn’t make my 1 pm tee time. Guess I’m going Monday night.

CBM: The Avengers: Infinity War premieres Friday

Cumberbatch’s American accent is weird but this time I didn’t think of Dennis Quaid the whole film.

I thought the movie was epic, but a huge pet peeve of mine is not having what you show in the trailer be part of the movie. If it becomes commonplace, then I'm ok with it, but the epic line from the trailer: "Fun isn't something one considers when balancing the universe, but this does put a smile on my face." isn't there. Again, we're nitpicking here, because I'm pretty sure this is getting bumped to #1 in the marvel universe in my opinion.

I wasn't expecting it to be up there with my top 3 (CAWS, CACW, and BP), but I think it is. It pulled off a very high degree of difficulty.

From the TV side, the current rumor is that Agents of SHIELD is coming back for Season 6. No clue how they follow up the aftermath of Infinity War. Tonight's episode referenced it.

I had high expectations and I thought it was great. As much as they focused on the Avengers, I think the Thanos scenes were my favorite - he is portrayed with more depth and complexity than I was expecting. Sadly it reminds me of how garbage the Apocalypse character was in the last X Men movie.

Also, for anyone wanting any potential hints about Infinity War 2, remember a particular post credit scene of GOTG 2 with a cocoon.

I also hope that Mephisto shows up in Infinity War 2

Last edited:
I had high expectations and I thought it was great. As much as they focused on the Avengers, I think the Thanos scenes were my favorite - he is portrayed with more depth and complexity than I was expecting. Sadly it reminds me of how garbage the Apocalypse character was in the last X Men movie.

Also, for anyone wanting any potential hints about Infinity War 2, remember a particular post credit scene of GOTG 2 with a cocoon.

I also hope that Mephisto shows up in Infinity War 2

Unless Gunn is lying to us, this won't affect IW2. He claims that character won't appear until GotG3, which will come out the calendar year after the next Avengers. Damn shame if true and I'd bet it is true since Gunn hasn't proven to be a bullshitter.

I haven't watched last nights AOS yet but if they do come back, I'd really like them to move away from Hydra. AIM would be a great source of villains for them and they haven't been touched as far as I know.

That movie is insane. Absolutely lived up to the hype. Probably not my #1 (I still have dat soft spot for Ragnarok), but man. That was great.

I'm a little surprised by how much they're requiring viewers to have seen (basically all of) the previous MCU movies. There's almost no hand holding or expository catch-up dialogue here, which makes sense given how much they already stuffed into nearly 3 hours. My dad mentioned the other day to let him know how IW is, because he wanted to see it, and I'm not sure I can recommend it to him knowing how totally lost he's going to be with everything. It's simple enough to follow, ultimately (lots of good guys taking on a bad guy!), but I can't imagine that someone mostly new to the MCU would really enjoy or appreciate the jokes/stakes/payoffs here.

It's an interesting calculation for Disney/Marvel, and one that is only going to become more pressing in Phase 4, the further we move away from moments centering on recognizable heroes like Cap/Tony/Hulk teaming up. Spiderman helps a little with that, but will a viewer who has never seen Dr. Strange in the comics or his solo movie enjoy his powers out of context in a team up movie?

I'm done with this thread for awhile. Not sure when I'll get to see the movie and now my expectations are rising.

I'm done with this thread for awhile. Not sure when I'll get to see the movie and now my expectations are rising.

If your nerd boner last more than four days, you really need to just see the movie.

Spoilers will be fair game at 7:00 tonight (48 hours). Good luck using Tapatalk.

I think people who hadn’t seen all the films could get it. They may not understand the full significance but it doesn’t matter. Two characters in the film come to mind. One we knew. The other we didn’t. Both played similar roles. If you had seen the films, one is an OMG! moment. If you hadn’t, both moments have similar relevance and fit just fine in the story.

I thought about posting it without the spoiler tags because it doesn't really reveal anything. Someone got annoyed the last time I did that though.

I just googled to find this and confirmed you’re right. Wow. I’ve got to remember to look for that next time.

If your nerd boner last more than four days, you really need to just see the movie.

Spoilers will be fair game at 7:00 tonight (48 hours). Good luck using Tapatalk.

I think people who hadn’t seen all the films could get it. They may not understand the full significance but it doesn’t matter. Two characters in the film come to mind. One we knew. The other we didn’t. Both played similar roles. If you had seen the films, one is an OMG! moment. If you hadn’t, both moments have similar relevance and fit just fine in the story.

Given how big this movie is, and how hard it is to really say anything without spoiling the movie, I think I'd argue for opening a separate spoilers thread this time around. Just my $0.02.

I thought about that but it wouldn’t really change the Tapatalk preview issue and there isn’t much to talk about other than this film.

Unless Gunn is lying to us, this won't affect IW2. He claims that character won't appear until GotG3, which will come out the calendar year after the next Avengers. Damn shame if true and I'd bet it is true since Gunn hasn't proven to be a bullshitter.
That's very disappointing. I assumed the basis of the 2nd film would be the Infinity Gauntlet story based on the end of IW, and the cocoon scene. I also really wanted to see Death as a character but I assumed that would be too bizarre for mainstream audiences.

Not really considering she was essentially the villain of Thor 3.

So can we say Marvel has fixed the villain problem? Hela was good. Klaw, Kilmonger, and Thanos were excellent. Even his henchmen were good for what they were.

Nah, they're not the same at all. There was Internet speculation that Hela could be Death's proxy in IW for simplicity's sake. Mistress Death is the personification of the abstract concept of death. Hela... is not. In the MCU she's an Asgardian who was imprisoned in Hel. In comics she ruled Hel, basically a fiefdom of the Asgardian dead. That's a long way from Thanos' crush.

MCU has shied away from the abstract entities, for the most part, with the exception of a passing mention of the Living Tribunal in Dr. Strange. I think MDMH is right that Marvel views them as a bit much to deal with right now.

Of course they’re not the same, but she could have filled that role. The MCU doesn’t do most things exactly the same as the comics with great success.

Back