• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Hm, I'm not thrilled by this.

The Boys season 2, episodes 1-3: Friday, September 4
The Boys season 2, episode 4: Friday, September 11
The Boys season 2, episode 5: Friday, September 18
The Boys season 2, episode 6: Friday, September 25
The Boys season 2, episode 7: Friday, October 2
The Boys season 2, episode 8 (finale): Friday, October 9.

per https://www.gamesradar.com/the-boys-season-2-release-schedule-amazon-prime/

I may wait until October after all.

i watched the first two and was surprised at how many plot points i had forgotten from season 1

really glad they got MY GIRL aya cash for this season. she's so dang good

also i'm a little sick of every prestige drama/game/property casting esposito in a BIG BAD role. he's a great actor but man did that guy get typecast quick

i watched the first two and was surprised at how many plot points i had forgotten from season 1

really glad they got MY GIRL aya cash for this season. she's so dang good

My interest is piquing.

Ep3 of the boys has one really incredibly bonkers scene. Really great.

Is this the place to discuss Star Trek? Because the new Discovery season 3 trailer came out yesterday and looks GREAT

with four shows currently running it could have its own thread but there are like 4 people who talk about star trek

Disco3 better have some heat b/c it's the worst ST series on right now. Picard is next; then Lower Decks. Still optimistic about Star Trek: Pike, especially after seeing Lower Decks roll out

the best part of the trailer is finding out that CBS discovered the Dollar Store idris elba

the best part of the trailer is finding out that CBS discovered the Dollar Store idris elba

Pretty sure he's the guy who played Manchester Black in the 4th season of Supergirl. He was pretty good.

with four shows currently running it could have its own thread but there are like 4 people who talk about star trek

Disco3 better have some heat b/c it's the worst ST series on right now. Picard is next; then Lower Decks. Still optimistic about Star Trek: Pike, especially after seeing Lower Decks roll out

I have several questions, first of all how dare you.

I just think 12 hour movies are dumb. There are some fun ideas in Disco and Picard, for sure, but c'mon.

Hm, I'm not thrilled by this.

The Boys season 2, episodes 1-3: Friday, September 4
The Boys season 2, episode 4: Friday, September 11
The Boys season 2, episode 5: Friday, September 18
The Boys season 2, episode 6: Friday, September 25
The Boys season 2, episode 7: Friday, October 2
The Boys season 2, episode 8 (finale): Friday, October 9.

per https://www.gamesradar.com/the-boys-season-2-release-schedule-amazon-prime/

I may wait until October after all.

The gore was a little too much for my wife, so we stopped watching S.1 after the 2nd episode -- bingeing now on my own, and so far it is easily my favorite super hero show so far.

I've softened my initial hatred of Lower Decks. Perhaps I started off too harshly with residual ST:picard hate. I'm not going to say it's great, but not worthy of disdain. For a comedy, the Easter eggs are pretty funny and not purely fan service. At least it's fan service with a purpose.

I certainly can't be swayed to be optimistic about Disco based on one trailer as long as Kurtzman has influence. I noticed he didn't have a writer's credit for the S3 premier, so that's a ray of hope, maybe he's going to be less hands-on this season.

The worst thing about Kurtz trek is it now has Youtube's algorithm thinking I'm part of the "go woke go broke", "the sjw agenda ruined Trek (or insert other long running franchise that's always promoted social progress)" crowd. After watching Picard reviews from RLM, Youtube began recommending other reviewers and I watched a couple without knowing who they were. It turns out they were the various "gate" types (e.g. gamergate, comicsgate). Now YT starts autoplaying neckbeards ranting about "of course they made the buffoon a STRAIGHT WHITE GUY". I guess I have to start actively downvoting those vids.

As for worst, at least Disco was first of the consecutive series with the season long arc "AI wants to destroy sentient life" so it didn't appear as derivative as ST:picard. Obviously this is a VERY well worn trope in sci-fi but 2 consecutive seasons? C'mon.

Help us Strange New Worlds, you're our only hope.

Back