• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charleston

Are we talking about the Sermet's downtown or the original one on Daniel Island? The one downtown has new ownership and will agree with your statement leftcoast if we are talking about that one. If we are talking about the one on Daniel Island, they didn't jack their prices up and is a very solid restaurant option.

I assume he's talking about the location downtown - didn't know there was one on DI.

I'll give a second (or third) recommendation for Leon's, great food and cool interior.

Any thoughts on Barsa? The happy hour paella seems like a steal

LCD- I've been meaning to give you an update, we ended up in a house in Avondale, 2-3 blocks from Triangle, Pearlz etc. Everything is great so far.

I'll give a second (or third) recommendation for Leon's, great food and cool interior.

Any thoughts on Barsa? The happy hour paella seems like a steal

LCD- I've been meaning to give you an update, we ended up in a house in Avondale, 2-3 blocks from Triangle, Pearlz etc. Everything is great so far.

Congrats on the move and great area! I like Barsa; don't go often but it's about the only real tapas bar in town. The Paella is pretty good and I think they have a killer sangria.

Had a great meal at Husk last night. Entrees were Chicken, Pork Loin, and Catfish.

The beverage director at McCrady's is featured in this month's InStyle magazine if you need any rosé suggestions for an event

Tried some good places recently.

Was in the Park Circle neighborhood the other evening so I had to stop by Evo Pizzeria. It's as good as advertised, great beer list and the Pork Trifecta was delicious.

FINALLY had Xiao Bao Biscuit. Cabbage Pancake with a farm egg on top = worth the whole trip.

Tried some good places recently.

Was in the Park Circle neighborhood the other evening so I had to stop by Evo Pizzeria. It's as good as advertised, great beer list and the Pork Trifecta was delicious.

FINALLY had Xiao Bao Biscuit. Cabbage Pancake with a farm egg on top = worth the whole trip.

XBB = meh

Looks pretty sketchy pulling up but Nana's Seafood and Soul is great. Garlic shrimp ftw.

Chick's Fry House is open and delish. Basically Hominy fried chicken in a casual/take out place

Which one of you Charleston folk have a spot in the yard I can keep my jon boat? I'll trade fillets, shrimp, or maybe even a trip on it if I like you.

Nothing meh about Evo.

The best burger place I've been to outside of DC is down the street from Evo at Sesame. Even their vegetarian burger is very good, and I don't do vegetarian burgers. Great selection of beers, too. Large crowd always.

Barcelona is the most overrated European city. It does have some old shit, I'll give it that, but otherwise I can spend less to see euro trash in Miami

Madrid is a whole different animal.

Back