• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charleston

He hasn't even declined out of ATL yet. You won't get your happy hour drink till dinner time.

oh perfect i'll just nap in my car after the first session and then go back in around 8

Yeah, but we all know when happy hour is.

No happy hour anywhere in NC as it's basically illegal.

East of Columbia. There wasn't much going on last weekend, but they may have quit early for the holiday. Also, they've been clearing trees from the median east of I-95.

Husk kind of sucked.

you went for lunch

That was the one meal I was disappointed with when GF and I were visiting back in March (and we went for dinner too). I almost wish we'd just stayed at the bar and ordered food there. It's definitely dropped off from the early days. They rushed us in and out in about 45 minutes (including apps).

Did you not order any wine/cocktails?

Nope, definitely started with cocktails (and had planned to order wine but nicked that idea when everything came out so fast and we were still working on cocktails), then after we got those ordered a couple appetizers/small plates and those came out literally 2-3 minutes later. After a few minutes working on those they asked us if we wanted to order entrees, and those also came out 7-8 minutes after ordering, which just seemed ridiculous. The main courses we got were pretty meh too.

Edmund's has a really good happy hour too. I think it's a dollar off their drafts and $4 for 6 wings

Niiice, it's at the top of my list for places to revisit. The food + the awesome beers (they make some good sours) was just a killer combo.

Nope, definitely started with cocktails (and had planned to order wine but nicked that idea when everything came out so fast and we were still working on cocktails), then after we got those ordered a couple appetizers/small plates and those came out literally 2-3 minutes later. After a few minutes working on those they asked us if we wanted to order entrees, and those also came out 7-8 minutes after ordering, which just seemed ridiculous. The main courses we got were pretty meh too.

Oof. At least there's McCrady's.

MEH. Many better options at the same price point.

Are we talking about the Sermet's downtown or the original one on Daniel Island? The one downtown has new ownership and will agree with your statement leftcoast if we are talking about that one. If we are talking about the one on Daniel Island, they didn't jack their prices up and is a very solid restaurant option.

Back