• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charleston

For Sushi, I would go with Oku. Great food and plenty of hot chicks.

In North Charleston, Evo Pizza is good. Sesame also makes a damn good burger.

I didn't come to charleston for sushi

Hominy was just ok

Minero tasty

Stay tuned...

I have to go with my son's cub scout pack in 2 weeks to sleep on the yorktown. Such a shame to be in Charleston and doing that instead of all the great food and beer.

I have to go with my son's cub scout pack in 2 weeks to sleep on the yorktown. Such a shame to be in Charleston and doing that instead of all the great food and beer.

I hear Brews is great with kids and likes working with small children. Perhaps you can hire him to be a stand-in.

I did that back in the day with my dad!

It sucked. Bring bug spray. Also feel free to call if you want me to pick you up and go meet chicks

Go to Sullivan's Island for the day and report back so that I can live vicariously through you. That's the one drawback to living in Austin. No beach.

Today would be a monte beach day.

Minero tasty

What did you have to drink? A girl I know developed the beverage list, and the wine program at McCrady's where she spends most of her time is up for a James Beard. She'll be spending some time in Atlanta when that location opens.

Headed to Minero in a few, had a few bourbons by the pool, should be interesting

Moonz, I totally forgot about Peninsula Grill, The Macintosh, and The Ordinary.

Peninsula Grill is great, but more corporate, imo. I intentionally left it off my list. The MacIntosh and The Ordinary were on my list though.

Peninsula Grill is great, but more corporate, imo. I intentionally left it off my list. The MacIntosh and The Ordinary were on my list though.

The ordinary is a NYC quality raw bar

Peninsula grill was filled with olds but we went for coconut cake and bubbly at the bar

Husk burger overrated

Edwards oast is great space and good food--pickled shrimp on toast was delish

FIG was good but there are tons of Italian influenced places like that equally as good in NYC--except for the local fish of course, which is unique. Lots of triggerfish, wreckfish and flounder on the menus

Only meal not dictated by the wedding I'm going to is Friday lunch. I've been to Charleston a bunch but I always go on the cheap side for lunch (or to Poe's). Nicer lunch recs? Should I just go to Poes anyway?

Last edited:
Only meal not dictated by the wedding I'm going to is Friday lunch. I've been to Charleston a bunch but I always go on the cheap side for lunch (or to Poe's). Nicer lunch recs? Should I just go to Poes anyway?

What do you want if not a burger?

Back