• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlie Strong already on the hot seat?

The state is actively re-instituting voting barriers and taking away seats from people of color because of their color.

Is it as bad slavery or not being able eat in a restaurant? Nope.

Is racially based and thus racist? Yep.

It doesn't have to be slavery to be racist.

In no way am I saying you, your friends or family are acting this way, but it is undeniable that the State of Texas is.

I don't know if the McCombs stuff is because Strong is black, perhaps because he's an old entitled white guy. Strong was way down on his unrealistic list. He's also probably NFL biased.

The state is actively re-instituting voting barriers and taking away seats from people of color because of their color.

Is it as bad slavery or not being able eat in a restaurant? Nope.

Is racially based and thus racist? Yep.

It doesn't have to be slavery to be racist.

In no way am I saying you, your friends or family are acting this way, but it is undeniable that the State of Texas is.

Yes it is. Again, let me repeat for a third time, supporting something like a voter ID law that has ramifications on a minority community is not the same thing as supporting it because it has ramifications on a minority community. You know how I know this? I support the voter ID law. And not because I don't want Hispanics to vote given I'm actually for lenient immigration reform, which would have the opposite impact.

The redistricting you refer to, I assume, was motivated by political purposes..the desire being to minimize the power of people who tend to vote Democrat (who, tend to be minorities). To me there's a bit easier argument of racism there, but still not clear cut. The bigger point is that politicians suck. They all do. Doesn't make them racist though.

Texas' two state flagship programs now have black head coaches.

I don't see a black guy at UCLA, USC or Cal.

CALIFORNIA IS AS RACIST AS ITS EVER BEEN

I've never really liked Texas much, but I hope Strong wins and wins big there because I think it probably is a race thing with McCombs. If that is the case it's disgusting to me as a white man, I have no use for racial prejudice from white, blacks or any other race.

Yes it is. Again, let me repeat for a third time, supporting something like a voter ID law that has ramifications on a minority community is not the same thing as supporting it because it has ramifications on a minority community. You know how I know this? I support the voter ID law. And not because I don't want Hispanics to vote given I'm actually for lenient immigration reform, which would have the opposite impact.

The redistricting you refer to, I assume, was motivated by political purposes..the desire being to minimize the power of people who tend to vote Democrat (who, tend to be minorities). To me there's a bit easier argument of racism there, but still not clear cut. The bigger point is that politicians suck. They all do. Doesn't make them racist though.

The only reason for voter ID laws is to suppress the vote. There is no voter impersonation problem. It's legalizing and updating Jim Crow.

BACK TO FOOTBALL- TX fired a white guy who won a NC within the past decade. They'll fire a black for not winning as well.

It's about Ws and Ls-at least hopefully.

RJ, is California more homophobic than ever?

(full disclosure, I admit I am really just picking a fight here. But we have problems all over this country. We have racist and homophobic people every where.)

Last edited:
Why has this crap gone on for three pages and not been moved to the politics board?

Charlie Strong thread has morphed into voter id and minority suppression. Classic.

The only reason for voter ID laws is to suppress the vote. There is no voter impersonation problem. It's legalizing and updating Jim Crow.

BACK TO FOOTBALL- TX fired a white guy who won a NC within the past decade. They'll fire a black for not winning as well.

It's about Ws and Ls-at least hopefully.

So I bring up this question. If he get's fired after X number of years for lack of performance what will his record have to be for folks to be satisfied this his record not his race was a factor in his firing? I'm rooting for the guy and think he'll be able to do well there. I do think the he's gonna have some heavy competition from A&M on the recruiting trail though.

So I bring up this question. If he get's fired after X number of years for lack of performance what will his record have to be for folks to be satisfied this his record not his race was a factor in his firing? I'm rooting for the guy and think he'll be able to do well there. I do think the he's gonna have some heavy competition from A&M on the recruiting trail though.

He's going have to have to get to top bowl games regularly. I'd say he's going to have 2 losses or less each year.

If he coaches four years and loses more than 12 games, he's likely to be gone unless he loses 4/5 next year.

This was the kind of shit I was talking about when I said the UT job isn't all its cracked up to be. You have to deal with eggheads like this on a regular basis. People who are so inflated about themselves and the greatness of the job that they actually think Strong would be worthy AS AN ASSISTANT. Assistant what? Shoeshiner? The guy cut his teeth at programs like ND and Florida.

This is why Mack was the perfect coach for UT. He could suck-up and relate to those fools.

People in Texas are fucking awful and have an inflated sense of self worth? Im fucking shocked. Shocked, I tell you.

You couldnt pay me to live in that redneck desert. Not shockingly, homes made his billions bojangling cars.

Guess what Billie Joe? There are two SEC programs (BAMA and LSU) with multiple national titles in the last 10 years, another SEC school with a title and a championship game in the last 5 (AUB), and a sleeping dynasty (FSU) that has seemingly been re-awakened.

Your little dustbowl oasis in North Texas is behind all of those programs, chief.

(1) North Texas is not a dustbowl, and
(2) Austin is not part of North Texas

north texas is more of a soulless sprawling concrete jungle

So you are trying to say there is less racism in the South? Take a look at all the states in the south trying to keep blacks and Hispanics from voting and get back to me.

Why are you always looking for a fight? If I was trying to say that I would have said that.

he looks for fights because he is an insecure aging slovenly single male with a persecution complex

And never mind the fact that he is completely wrong on everything he states. Or that he makes up his "facts".

Back