• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread ♥️ : Support Academic & Railroad Labor! Fuck antisemitism in all forms!

Status
Not open for further replies.
we had a client project years ago with about 100 people all living in a hotel in birmingham for a couple of months. someone regularly would come in late at night and take a dump in the middle of the lobby bathroom floor. eventually the hotel installed a camera and sent the video to our management. Our managing partner called the guy into his office, made him watch the video, then accepted his resignation.
wait, why did he do this? prank? drunk? sleepwalking?

we had a client project years ago with about 100 people all living in a hotel in birmingham for a couple of months. someone regularly would come in late at night and take a dump in the middle of the lobby bathroom floor. eventually the hotel installed a camera and sent the video to our management. Our managing partner called the guy into his office, made him watch the video, then accepted his resignation.
Seems like that could open them up to a lawsuit or something.

the Sunday morning flight from Vegas back to the East Coast (the latest one possible to avoid getting back super late at night) is just death

Fucking accountants.

Look man, we need to have a serious discussion about our wives. My wife finally dropped the trainer, and that's cool, because she's having sex with me again. But there are other problems...

She works out 5 days a week for like 2+ hours each time. She does heavy weights, light weights(like you'd do in Bodypump), she does hot yoga, she just lives at the gym. She's jacked but thin. Like 5'4 120 with 0% body fat(I made this part up), Nice perfect ass, which is cool, but it's almost becoming obsessive compulsive. She burns so many calories every day that she will house a 16" pizza to herself, and still be hungry. I feel like I'm a getting a taste of what it's like to try to keep teenage kids fed. She also likes to toke up before and after workouts, so I'm living with a stoned teenager basically.

Do you experience any of this with your wife? Mine is 32 and this has been going on since we met 8 years ago, but it's intensified as the years go by.

Save me chat thread.

My wife isn't 2+ hours a day. She's usually good for 45min-1hour. It isn't an issue with us because it's really the only time she has to herself (though we usually work out together for part of that time).

She doesn't eat a ton. She needs to eat more, I think... Maybe she wouldn't be so tired all of the time if she fueled herself better.

She doesn't toke up before and after workouts. She enjoys the occasional edible, but not until the kids have gone to bed. She rarely drinks.

So I don't think anything she is doing is unhealthy or compulsive. I do sometimes wish that she had additional hobbies or outlets to deal with stress... But I can't really make that happen. And it's mostly me being selfish because I'd like to golf more.

My wife isn't 2+ hours a day. She's usually good for 45min-1hour. It isn't an issue with us because it's really the only time she has to herself (though we usually work out together for part of that time).

She doesn't eat a ton. She needs to eat more, I think... Maybe she wouldn't be so tired all of the time if she fueled herself better.

She doesn't toke up before and after workouts. She enjoys the occasional edible, but not until the kids have gone to bed. She rarely drinks.

So I don't think anything she is doing is unhealthy or compulsive. I do sometimes wish that she had additional hobbies or outlets to deal with stress... But I can't really make that happen. And it's mostly me being selfish because I'd like to golf more.
Yeah but she works out hard af for like 45 mins to an hour. She's not sitting around on her phone for 5 mins in between sets.

words never before spoken/typed

I told my wife I know I’m a parent because I’m looking forward to going to Vegas to catch up on sleep.

All of the ER trips/sick kids wrecked our routine and I haven’t been to the gym since before Thanksgiving. My MIL is going to stay with us until we leave for Christmas which should be a massive help.

Yeah but she works out hard af for like 45 mins to an hour. She's not sitting around on her phone for 5 mins in between sets.

Well... Where do you think all of the Instagram videos come from? That isn't me filming her. I refuse to do that. I do not look at my phone in the gym.

That's her finishing her normal workout, propping her phone up somewhere, then doing an extra set to post.

Which is fine, of course. It's just not my thing.

Two hour daily workouts feels like overkill/bordering on obsessive behavior BUT love what you love.

I read for two hours a day and surely working out is more healthy than just sitting on the couch/bed reading.

I've been eyeing a number of things on Amazon the last few weeks. Some Christmas stuff. Some stuff for around the house. Some stuff just for me.

The dam broke this morning and I bought a ton of shit.

Well... Where do you think all of the Instagram videos come from? That isn't me filming her. I refuse to do that. I do not look at my phone in the gym.

That's her finishing her normal workout, propping her phone up somewhere, then doing an extra set to post.

Which is fine, of course. It's just not my thing.
Well, yeah, because you're sweating profusely and trying not to vomit.

I've been eyeing a number of things on Amazon the last few weeks. Some Christmas stuff. Some stuff for around the house. Some stuff just for me.

The damn broke this morning and I bought a ton of shit.

I can see myself approaching another “What’s the point of working so hard …” shopping event on the horizon.

there's a sub shop from DC I still follow on IG (Bub & Pop's -- they were on DDD). every day they post pics of their specials and then a QR code for their menu, but are they expecting people to pull up their IG post on a computer to scan with their phone?

I normally sleep from 10:30 or 11 until like 1 or so when my wife gets home (chat with her for a few and then try to go back to sleep) but I'm not great at falling back asleep even though I fall asleep the first time pretty quickly so I'm often up for half an hour to an hour. Then our dog gets up for breakfast at like 6:30 and I normally feed her so I either I'm up at 6:30 or fall back asleep for another segment for 90 minutes to two hours. It's not always the most restful schedule

I can see myself approaching another “What’s the point of working so hard …” shopping event on the horizon.

I bought a god damned leveling rake for the yard.

Had been eyeing it since the spring and it went from $130 to $95, so I pulled the trigger.

Won't be able to use it for months.

And there'll be no hiding that when it shows up at the house this weekend.

"Honey... What is this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back