• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread šŸ˜Š

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all probably true, and I donā€™t think that itā€™s unrealistic to say heā€™s probably the best coach we can get, but weā€™ve also taken a pretty big step back in year 10 and last year wasnā€™t that amazing either so I can understand the frustration of a lot of people.
ok, every program takes a step back every now and then (when an all ACC QB moves on in particular), even with good coaches at the helm, last year we had 8 wins, I know it was a dissapointing 8 wins but that's probably still in like a top 10 WFU seasons lol

look at Clemson, with a coach making like 5x as much as Clawson and infinitely more resources at their disposal

I just donā€™t know why some of you simp so hard for the status quo when you just watched the same thing we all just witnessed.
because I think the blame is being misplaced entirely here (griffis), should be on boneheaded players making boneheaded mistakes (jones), and kickers missing tiny lil chip shots

because I think the blame is being misplaced entirely here (griffis), should be on boneheaded players making boneheaded mistakes (jones), and kickers missing tiny lil chip shots
But not the bonehead int where the QB couldnā€™t hold onto the ball?

But not the bonehead int where the QB couldnā€™t hold onto the ball?
it's a fluke play šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

he was being trusted to make a play at least, running counter to your inane #narrative

I mean it was fucking 3rd and 22 and we do a stupid PI on a ball that wasn't catchable in all likelihood

ok, every program takes a step back every now and then (when an all ACC QB moves on in particular), even with good coaches at the helm, last year we had 8 wins, I know it was a dissapointing 8 wins but that's probably still in like a top 10 WFU seasons lol

look at Clemson, with a coach making like 5x as much as Clawson and infinitely more resources at their disposal
Iā€™m not disagreeing with any of that. Iā€™m just saying at this point after this loss and a decade at the helm where weā€™ve finished 500 or better in the acc in 3 seasons, I absolutely understand the frustrations of the fan base.

Itā€™s a combination of all of it, and Griffis is still a large piece of that puzzle. The dude went and put on a glove for the first time all season and then precedes to immediately turn the ball over almost certainly caused by wearing said glove. Like what the fuck is that. Thatā€™s definitely of equal blame to throwing a player to the ground that doesnā€™t get called 50% of the time.

Itā€™s a combination of all of it, and Griffis is still a large piece of that puzzle. The dude went and put on a glove for the first time all season and then precedes to immediately turn the ball over almost certainly caused by wearing said glove. Like what the fuck is that. Thatā€™s definitely of equal blame to throwing a player to the ground that doesnā€™t get called 50% of the time.
the PI was worse than the personal foul tbh, that was a bit of homecooking (honestly so was the fucking spot they had already been ready to give him for the first down on that catch, considering we had a very similar catch to that that was ruled a yard short earlier in the game)

What has been our biggest non conference win under Clawson in the regular season?

Yeah agree with that, the PI was probably the worst of all of it, especially because that wasnā€™t going to be caught.

it's a fluke play šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

he was being trusted to make a play at least, running counter to your inane #narrative
Fluke is a great way to remove the blame. 2 big turnovers in the 2nd half didnā€™t do much to endear him to a fan base who doesnā€™t trust him. There were alot of opportunities to win this game, but we pissed it away. You can keep down voting all the Clawson comments as well but this is still a poorly coached team that loses to inferior opponents.

Fluke is a great way to remove the blame. 2 big turnovers in the 2nd half didnā€™t do much to endear him to a fan base who doesnā€™t trust him. There were alot of opportunities to win this game, but we pissed it away. You can keep down voting all the Clawson comments as well but this is still a poorly coached team that loses to inferior opponents.
meh, you fucking had Mitch's o/u on throws completed in the first half at like 4 and he did a looot better than that (iirc was like 12/12 for 150 yards and ran for a great TD), just can't admit when you're wrong at all per usual, no wonder @Mt. Olive doesn't want to engage with you

Itā€™s a game we deserved to win and a lot of really dumb shit went wrong

Sucks our bowl streak is coming to a (likely) end but letā€™s rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back