• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 120: It's Tuesday - Most Productive Day of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno. Wasn't there. Will check later.

Disregard. I thought you mentioned in the CHS dining thread you'd be there this weekend. I had an 8:30 reservation as well, but we sat inside. There was a large group that sat at the table I mentioned that ordered the fries and I made a comment to the wife about how good the fries looked. No importa.

how so?

and see gravity

I don't want to reveal too much but Capt Phillips has similar Seal Team Six tension but it doesn't develop the characters as well. ZDT I was rooting hard for Maya and Co. whereas Capt Phillips is just the Tom Hanks show and sure I rooted for the captain to survive but I didn't care at all about his crew. They could have done a better job with the main villain; I had high hopes after seeing the trailer and the chilling line, "Look at me...I am the captain now." Tom Hanks does give a great performance though.

Good news! I do have work today, so my early rising and good outfit is not wasted.

Also, after reading that NFL thread... Props to HTTD and DV7 for keeping the game chatter going during Braskys ridiculousness. I had no idea Brasky was so misguided.

I don't want to reveal too much but Capt Phillips has similar Seal Team Six tension but it doesn't develop the characters as well. ZDT I was rooting hard for Maya and Co. whereas Capt Phillips is just the Tom Hanks show and sure I rooted for the captain to survive but I didn't care at all about his crew. They could have done a better job with the main villain; I had high hopes after seeing the trailer and the chilling line, "Look at me...I am the captain now." Tom Hanks does give a great performance though.

ZDT was a police procedural to me, just on a very grand scale. I don't get that vibe from Phillips. I'll see it and go WakeFanatic on you.

ZDT was a police procedural to me, just on a very grand scale. I don't get that vibe from Phillips. I'll see it and go WakeFanatic on you.
CP is definitely not a police procedural but it has similar tension resulting from seal team 6 ballerness

Chinese food + Football = victory

Hope Wakephan, Townie & TownieToy are having a good night. Had a shit ton of fun playing Sunday Funday with those peeps.

JENGA!

This man is good people. That was a hell of a good time. Texas kicked my ass. I can't see straight.

Good tickets to a sporting event, good liquor + good cigars, take them out to a nice dinner, etc.
The moms hate sports so sporting events is out of the question. I know what they like in terms of music and liquor so gifts would either involve me increasing their supply or utilizing knowledge of their tastes to introduce them to something new. Nice dinner is good but requires little thought.

I'm making a burrito for lunch and homemade (not ghetto!) nachos for dinner....by the end of the week I'll turn into Rubbins

no Busch, but I have plenty of Miller Lite. Home for the federal holiday so no reason not to, right?

I'm making a burrito for lunch and homemade (not ghetto!) nachos for dinner....by the end of the week I'll turn into Rubbins

You'll also need a bucket that you can fill with your own diarrhea so you can then throw it onto the grave of Dale Earnhardt, Sr. That of course is the next logical step after cheering for the fucking Boston Red Sox over Detroit, THE HOME OF CHEVROLET. Just pour that diarrhea all over Dale. Hope it eventually seeps down and penetrates the casket. Then your transformation into Rubbins will be complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back