• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 122: Buckets is AWESOME

Status
Not open for further replies.
even though i do have love for abbrev's i'm definitely not a bad writer

Not to mention a lot of times you'll lengthen words, not shorten them.
"This orange scone I had today was sooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooood!"

Not to mention a lot of times you'll lengthen words, not shorten them.
"This orange scone I had today was sooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooood!"

hey - hello friend
heyy - may have had a glass of wine or two
heyyy - let's bang
heyyyyyyyy - I'm drunk, it's 2 am, and i want to bang

I do "heyy" a lot but for me it means "I'm happy to talk to you!" Pretty much interchangeable with "hey!"

And if I want to bang I just sing "if you're ready come and get it NA NA NA NA"

Or Birthday Sex if it's [DATE REDACTED SO BYM DOESN'T GET NERVOUS ABOUT PERSONAL INFORMATION].

That quiz should have asked if you've ever sent a nudey snapchat. Or like:

Have you ever sent a nude picture through:
- snail mail
- email
- text
- snapchat
- or not

Hmm, i've been snappin' with my friends for awhile and really haven't gotten much in the way of nude snaps. It's just a faster/less permanent message sending utility.

- snail mail
- email
- text
- snapchat
- or not

have you ever had nude pics of yourself developed at a 60 minute photo place or not

- snail mail
- email
- text
- snapchat
- or not

the quiz is a few years old. it was developed when I was there in like 2010 so I'm pretty sure Snapchat didn't exist then.

I actually attribute good writing to teachers... sentence structure, proper use of semi-colons, flow, etc. I specifically remember learning all of that from various teachers along the way. After reading my cousin's college admissions essays, it appears that they never learned any of it. I don't doubt that some younger folks are fine writers, but I don't think it's a generational thing.

If anything I think that quiz, instead of asking about texting, should have asked about actual phone conversations or actual person-to-person conversations. Kids are all about some texting/snapchatting, but rarely actually TALK on the phone (from what I've observed).

Snapchat and Vine make no sense to me. Even instagram is a stretch sometimes, at least to the extent my cousins use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back