• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 132: what's a kwee-no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about crabs? low country boils? shrimp? etc?

now i'm just running through all the delicious foods that are messy and what it would be like without them. i don't want that life.

I've never tried whole crabs (other than softshell, which is the best thing ever). Don't really know why, but I haven't.

in general, messy foods are delicious and worth the effort

for example, stone crab is amazing, but a pain in the ass to eat.

I'm starting to agree with RTQ about wings. They're just too much of a pain in the ass to eat sometimes.

They used to be one of my favorite foods and now I doubt I eat 'em more than 5-6 times a year. Just not worth it.

If I have the option to get a similar chicken sammich from the same place, I normally just go that route.

Last edited:
in summary, if you want to date rtq, take her to nacho hippo, not buffalo wild wings

fuck-this-and-this.gif

what about crabs? low country boils? shrimp? etc?

now i'm just running through all the delicious foods that are messy and what it would be like without them. i don't want that life.

never had whole crab, the times I have had crab before I absolutely hated it (worst Marylander ever). never had a crab cake but I've accidentally eaten crab dip before and it's horrendous. never had a low country boil. shrimp are fine, usually not covered in a sauce on the outside and it is easy to get the shell off, though I did have a bit of trouble the first time I had a whole shrimp with head on and stuff, at an awesome restaurant in New Orleans. wasn't entirely sure what to do but if I recall correctly the waitress gave me some pointers. never know if you can pick up food at a restaurant and some things are challenging to do with fork and knife.

What about fried chicken?

I only really care for boneless, and don't love it.

I get where RTQ is coming from. There are certainly times when I eschew the messiness because it can be a pain. And although I like the taste, I rarely order something that will take a lot of work to eat (e.g. crabs, lobster, peel and eat shrimp, etc). I do like a good rib, but I've been burned too many times by gristly ribs that stick to the bone that when ordering BBQ I tend to stick to pulled pork.

All that said, even though wings are messy, they don't fall into the same category for me. I LOVE wings. Mostly I just love Buffalo sauce. But wings are so good.

I mean if wings are the only thing available, I'll eat them and not fuss about it, but I'll be paranoid about being messy and then sad if I don't have floss in my purse. Gnawing generally means food stuck in my teeth.

I think I prefer foods that you have to work at. ANIMAL INSTINCT and what not.

i just don't put much thought into how difficult the food is to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back