• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 1331: Just talkin’ chickens. This is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creamy, why would anybody reveal your identity on the boards?

As Creamy's PR manager, I'll speak on his behalf.

It seems that Ogboards has become an unstable environment and I don't think Creamy trusts everyone he has shared information regarding his personal life with.

I'll discuss this with Creamy in greater detail tonight to learn how serious he is about leaving the community.

Like as vengeance for you leaving the boards? Just curious what you are concerned about.

I think Creamy is primarily concerned with the direction of this community.

Creamy believes that over time there will be much more "controversial" posters than RJK. Creamy believes that those who don't line their beliefs up with the masses around here are viewed and treated in a different light. Creamy hopes for a more inclusive future for this community and he thinks his work here is done. He just told me he's actually not too worried about his identity being shared, because those he's shared it with are primarily local Winston folks who he hopes to kick it with sometime.

He's done folks...District, you get your wish sir.

'direction of the community' ?

oh no, we can't make jokes about gays and women as much as we used to

You honestly think it was the content of rj’s posts and not his behavior that got him banned? That he got banned because his “beliefs” were the issue?

He did have one more thing to say...

RJ, if you're reading this, Creamy suggests you leverage your connections to create your own board with premium content. $69 a year.

Additionally, RJ, Creamy said to send you his best and he's disappointed he doesn't get to shoot you private messages anymore. Creamy advocates for forgiveness, tolerance and respect. Creamy wants you to know that he appreciates his conversations with you and he wants you to stay well.

Goodbye my friend.

'direction of the community' ?

oh no, we can't make jokes about gays and women as much as we used to

Creamy has always respected the gays and the women. Creamy loves all people, regardless of gender, race, or sexual preferences. Creamy believes a silly message board should let some stuff slide. Creamy doesn't want his $15 back that he donated this year, but he just hopes that the funds go towards making the boards a more inclusive environment.

Even while "keeping his head down" during those 6 months he secretly sent out hundreds of PMs waging shadow campaigns for himself, talked shit about me on facebook/IRL to folks (super creepy), and complained constantly.

For Creamy.

If you’re a complete asshole to people and make a huge headache for them, why should they volunteer their time to let you keep doing that?

You honestly think it was the content of rj’s posts and not his behavior that got him banned? That he got banned because his “beliefs” were the issue?

I think RJ has slipped up and said a few things he regrets. I think he's pushed the envelope a bit and after checking with Creamy, Creamy agreed that "massa" shouldn't be used in any context ever.

Creamy went on to tell me that he didn't think it deserved a permanent ban, but he understands a temp ban for some language.

RJs behavior, IMO, is what helped make the boards a unique environment. When you silence those different from you, who happens to be one of the oldest posters on the boards, it will have poor long-term effects on this community.

Creamy and I have a lunch appointment to go over our next moves. He is indeed done but told me I could come back later to discuss this matter in further detail.

I mean lets be honest the boards are dying. It's pretty hard to keep up a sports board for programs that haven't been relevant in over a decade.

I mean lets be honest the boards are dying. It's pretty hard to keep up a sports board for programs that haven't been relevant in over a decade.

Right. If I want sports updates I have Les' board and Twitter. These boards have introduced me to some different and refreshing perspectives over the years, and have allowed me to meet a few folks along the way. I'm forever grateful for the time Creamy and I have spent here. That said, there's nothing left to offer.

After mafia, Creamy and I are going to move along and reallocate our time elsewhere.

I think RJ has slipped up and said a few things he regrets. I think he's pushed the envelope a bit and after checking with Creamy, Creamy agreed that "massa" shouldn't be used in any context ever.

Creamy went on to tell me that he didn't think it deserved a permanent ban, but he understands a temp ban for some language.

RJs behavior, IMO, is what helped make the boards a unique environment. When you silence those different from you, who happens to be one of the oldest posters on the boards, it will have poor long-term effects on this community.

Creamy and I have a lunch appointment to go over our next moves. He is indeed done but told me I could come back later to discuss this matter in further detail.

The thread isolation 6 month term was a warning that if he continued to use racial slurs on the boards he’d get a full permaban, and just a few months after being released from iso he drops a “massa” comment. It’s gross in isolation and unacceptable within the pattern. It warrants banning because he clearly learned nothing.

Anyway, I think you are just using this as an excuse to drop the dual profiles and this is a pretty entertaining exchange, so have at it.

I previously worked for SSA. My wife currently works (as a contractor) at the CDC, and I interact with various functions within the IRS on a daily basis.

The main difference I noticed between the public sector (specific to the federal government) and the private sector is that it’s incredibly hard to fire a government employee and they know that.

One guy I worked with no called no showed for two weeks and when he came back he was told not to do it again. He did it again and was fired.

my dad was telling me about an audit situation with the IRS where, to shorten the story, the most competent auditor told his co-worker they were only working for the IRS because of a pretty severe body odor disorder and couldn't get hired in the private sector for that reason

another quote from the article I previously shared that I think is relevant here:

One of the saddest casualties of this transformation is public service. High-status roles that once came with a relatively high salary are now, by corporate standards, ludicrously underpaid. In the US the chief justice of the Supreme Court earns roughly $270,000 per year, while the ‘most profitable law firms pay their average partners over $5 million annually, or roughly twenty times as much (and the signing bonus paid to former law clerks at the Supreme Court, who are perhaps two or three years out of law school, is now $400,000).’ Those who make careers as teachers, public health workers, officials in federal agencies or in local government have fallen far, far behind most of their contemporaries who have gone into the lucrative parts of the private sector.

I honestly don't even care if the banning was justified -- dude sucked and I'm glad he's gone

that said, the social media stuff makes the banning justified

Wow creamy deliberately misreading a situation in order to make a completely unrelated half assed cancel culture argument? I am shocked. You guys realize that RJ was posting in his exact assholish style long before joe rogan started podcasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back