• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 147: inedible arrangements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain the Kia commercial to me where the three mice get out of the car in tuxedos?

I tried to wake surf yesterday. I've only ever been towed behind a boat once before when I tried and failed at waterskiiing. Wasn't successful at the wake surfing, but will give it another try next trip to the lake. also I kept thinking about cookout's arm stump from his water accident so I kept getting scurred and letting go of the handle.

Parents took me and my sister out tonight to celebrate my new job. I convinced them to go to this Venezuelan place in Cambridge. OH MAN WAS THAT A GOOD DECISION.

Had some beef churrasco with crab picadillo, a WHOLE TON of fried sweet plantains, and some Venezuelan custard with caramel. OH MAN. OH MAN, OH MAN.

I have rented a different apartment for four years in a row. I am so fucking pumped that we are just renewing our lease this year.

Yeah. I just got my lease renewal offer. They're raising the rent by $75/month, but there is a lot to be said for not having to move.

Yeah. I just got my lease renewal offer. They're raising the rent by $75/month, but there is a lot to be said for not having to move.

You're a lawyer and a good tenant (right?). Counter offer.

Moving is the worst. First time I was moving apartments, I basically sold my bedroom set, had a couple people help move my clothes and random stuff, and then re-furnished my new place. Stayed at that place for 4-5 years, then when we bought our house we hired movers. Still a pain to pack up, but so nice not to have to do the furniture. I fear the day we will move again. Three bedroom house with a full, furnished basement, and packed attic...not to mention a shit ton of baby stuff (3/4 of which has already been outgrown by age 1). It's going to be horrible.

Anyone got an awesome taquitos recipe? Was thinking chicken breasts with paprika, cumin, jalapeños, pepper jack, etc.

sounds like you're pretty much there

Moving is the worst. First time I was moving apartments, I basically sold my bedroom set, had a couple people help move my clothes and random stuff, and then re-furnished my new place. Stayed at that place for 4-5 years, then when we bought our house we hired movers. Still a pain to pack up, but so nice not to have to do the furniture. I fear the day we will move again. Three bedroom house with a full, furnished basement, and packed attic...not to mention a shit ton of baby stuff (3/4 of which has already been outgrown by age 1). It's going to be horrible.

I probably shouldn't complain since we had a full pack and move. It's just unreal how much shit we've got. Finna give half this shit to Habitat. I'll take pics of how many boxes we've got. It's almost embarrassing.

sounds like you're pretty much there

Might just channel my inner (non-existent) Mexican and wing it.

Maybe peppers and onions for a side since my family dislikes pintos.

qanaju4u.jpg
sy5uje7y.jpg
uqezyta3.jpg
avytaram.jpg
papahy3e.jpg

And this is after unpacking almost all dishes, clothes, and kids stuff.

someone else packed for you? did you at least carry your own electronics, jewelry, silver, passports, whatnot? maybe someday I could have the finances and trust to let someone else touch my things... but right now I can't imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back