• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 150: The End's Not Near

Status
Not open for further replies.
I somehow hadn't realized Daniel Day Lewis has only been in 5 movies in the last 15 years.

I mean, if he actually has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's it is a no brainer that he can't serve as a Trustee.

I was told today that I'm going to my first conference in October. I realize it's probably going to be a lot of boring lectures but I'm super amped for my first "business trip".

Other than to fit in with everyone else in the business world who has a desire to look like stepford wives, give me a reason why I should tuck my shirt in at work. As buckets can probably attest, I'm probably the only bro in a work district that employs hundreds of thousands of bros that just walks around untucked all day and I couldn't give a shit.

sooo my friend is at hanes in ws for work this week. is there anything decent to eat out there besides MFC? also, any places i should be sure to let her know about downtown? i told her to hit up milner's and little richards/bibbs, and let her know about some spots i used to go (1st st., 4th st, 6th and vine, etc.). anything great i didn't pass on?

man the lebatard 4 hours of radio really has had profound effects on my work day. They just got hijacked for an entire hour over this song

Mission Pizza is a pretty sweet neopolitan-style pizza spot downtown now (near Mary's, which is also a good rec)..

Also recommend Mozelle's, highly.

sooo my friend is at hanes in ws for work this week. is there anything decent to eat out there besides MFC? also, any places i should be sure to let her know about downtown? i told her to hit up milner's and little richards/bibbs, and let her know about some spots i used to go (1st st., 4th st, 6th and vine, etc.). anything great i didn't pass on?

Willows near old salem is very good. It is one of my favorites in town.

Nawab is good for an Indian lunch.

Honey Pot is new and is very good

Second cookout's rec of Mozelle's, their fried chicken + mac n cheese is amazing

Willow's is great as well

Really depends what she's craving in the moment

For drinks my go-tos right now are Single Brothers and Small Batch, Social Club being a distant third

yeah i mentioned milner's b/c living in SF the biggest difference in quality in WS vs here is the southern food. good to know on the rest. thanks.

I made a big mason jar of mango habanero salsa and some lime cilantro serrano hot sauce mmmmmmm

Mission Pizza is a pretty sweet neopolitan-style pizza spot downtown now (near Mary's, which is also a good rec)..

Also recommend Mozelle's, highly.
Mozelles was easily the best restaurant I ate at in my time in WS. So, that's my 2010 recommendation.

So, I'm driving the InVermont family (plus mother-in-law) to Nova Scotia next week. We'll pass through St. John and Moncton, NB on the way to the Cape Breton area. Anybody ever been? Must-see attractions? I'm hoping our drive back doesn't resemble this:

national-lampoons-vacation-1983-movie-11.png

TIM HORTONS DRIVE THRU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back