• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 160: my thread tittles suck. sorry i'm not sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, and *gasp!!!* I read them!!!

jimmies-rustled-gif.gif

Why dont one of you nerds read about basketball and learn how to teach it and take millions of our alumni dollars in exchange for taking us to the final four

Big cognitive IQ test that took a couple hours on the first appointment. Second appointment was a long diagnostic interview where he asked me various questions, some more cognitive tests designed to test impulsivity, and a comorbidity survey (checking for other mental illnesses). My wife also had to fill out a questionnaire rating my various abilities.

The cognitive test is probably the most interesting. Mine rated IQ in four areas: verbal reasoning, perceptual problem-solving (like shapes and stuff), mental recall (they give you a phone number, you say it backwards), and processing speed.

People with ADHD are typically worse at mental recall and processing speed relative to their abilities in verbal reasoning and perceptual problem-solving. That was true for me, but it was especially true for the processing speed. I was freaking ELITE (woot) at verbal reasoning and the problem-solving, but Psych man basically described my brain as working on a dial-up connection b/c my processing speed is so slow.

That sounds like mine. I was negative on add or ADHD but instead have a processing disorders and two learning disabilities. The thing with students at wake is that we have high iqs and are able to cope to some extent. It's harder to discover that we have issues until we have major issues. These would be crippling for others.

I had an adderall rx for awhile a year or two ago but didn't like taking it everyday

Actually got a lot done when I did take it thougb

so you can't just go to your doc and be like "can i get some adderall?" serious question

Let me know if a line works on your doc. I want to hit mine up for an HGH or steroid prescription.

ADHD is certainly over diagnosed and adderall and ritalin are over prescribed. Generally not the worst thing in the world but probably understates the problems for ppl that legit struggle with ADHD.

Anyone got any tips for how to clean up dog piss? Or hunt coyotes? Or how to prolong proposing to a bad ass chic that gets hit on at work?

Anyone got any tips for how to clean up dog piss? Or hunt coyotes? Or how to prolong proposing to a bad ass chic that gets hit on at work?

Woah, you and E are on the outs?

Big cognitive IQ test that took a couple hours on the first appointment. Second appointment was a long diagnostic interview where he asked me various questions, some more cognitive tests designed to test impulsivity, and a comorbidity survey (checking for other mental illnesses). My wife also had to fill out a questionnaire rating my various abilities.

The cognitive test is probably the most interesting. Mine rated IQ in four areas: verbal reasoning, perceptual problem-solving (like shapes and stuff), mental recall (they give you a phone number, you say it backwards), and processing speed.

People with ADHD are typically worse at mental recall and processing speed relative to their abilities in verbal reasoning and perceptual problem-solving. That was true for me, but it was especially true for the processing speed. I was freaking ELITE (woot) at verbal reasoning and the problem-solving, but Psych man basically described my brain as working on a dial-up connection b/c my processing speed is so slow.

WE could have told you that you have mental deficiencies for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back