• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 165: A shrewdness of apes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry bro. The movie has been getting terrible reviews from what I've seen; it's basically an adult version of Twilight.

People don't seem to realize that Fifty Shades of Grey quite literally IS Twilight. The author wrote Fifty Shades on a Twilight fan fiction message board.

i almost never turn down cake, but i'll get a tiny piece and that always turns into way too much attention. i also go yelled at for going for a run at lunch the other day (Because i had already ridden my bike in to work). "psh, that's why you look like that." Um, I'm training for a fucking long-ass race... I don't do this to be skinny.

I do it to punish myself. Everybody's got their reasons.

Just want to give a +1 to MFP. Right now, my login streak is at 658 days. What I've learned over these (almost) two years has been life altering. I've figured out I actually don't need to snack on carrots all day, I can have a serving of Ben & Jerry's, or 2, or heck, the whole damn carton depending on exercise and whatever else I ate during the day. I'm a devoted advocate of IIFYM now.

The biggest negative of MFP is the forums, which make Youtube comments look like the Algonquin Round Table.

TSY you mentioned wanting to keep your lean mass while losing. That's tricky and soon you'll need to take a slower rate of loss, else a higher percent of muscle gets lost. I don't know where you started off, but with a good amount to lose, then most of what you shed will be fat, but at around the 25-30% body fat point, then the 2 pound/week becomes more important and the desired rate further decreases the leaner you get. That makes that last 10-15 pounds seem to take forever.

i almost never turn down cake, but i'll get a tiny piece and that always turns into way too much attention. i also go yelled at for going for a run at lunch the other day (Because i had already ridden my bike in to work). "psh, that's why you look like that." Um, I'm training for a fucking long-ass race... I don't do this to be skinny.

I was accused of ruining the church retreat because I ran 4 miles before everyone woke up.

Dood congrats TSY! I know how hard and gratifying this process is. Just don't get too down on yourself when the weight loss slows down. I'm not sure of your weight, but when you're obese (as I was) the first 30-40 lbs practically fall off. The next part will be harder but in the end much more satisfying. That portion will also start teaching you things (like what to limit, portion control, appropriate exercise) that you can carry over to your day-to-day life once this over. Best of luck brother, I know you got this!

I was probably at 210/215 post-Wake graduation (fat Jim Morrison shape) and just being in Ohio over the summer where I didn't know anyone, I dropped 30 (I was also exercising more) like it was nothing. Almost all beer weight.

Holy shit that walk was cold.

6 degrees when I left, and a -13 wind chill.

Fuck.

I hope Texas makes it out of my apartment alive later.

LOL Yankees

It's 70 and sunny here

You do realize that living in that madness is your choice

whew minor food coma after reading terminal

the line at dinics was nuts so we got some bomb indian food

cardamom lassi was great

it's so fucking cold, i hope texas just got in a cab to the art museum

I have learned that to lose weight I just need to have a lot of babies and continue breastfeeding for a long time.

I like kids and I like the idea of being a dad but the actual logistics of a small human scare the shit out of me

srsly, this sounds wrong but i'm surprised at the survival rate of little tykes. seems like death surrounds us. and most people are kinda dumb. yet most make it through all right.

The MRS is taking me out tonight; Chocolate and Beer pairing at Westbrook Brewing. Had a great time with it last year - they brought out some really rare and interesting stuff. Hopeful they will do the same this year.

The MRS is taking me out tonight; Chocolate and Beer pairing at Westbrook Brewing. Had a great time with it last year - they brought out some really rare and interesting stuff. Hopeful they will do the same this year.

DO WANT.

i know it's a terrible way to think about it, but it's kinda hard to kill a kid

fuck em up for life, sure, that's probably easy

give em a complex, definitely

but human kids are pretty hearty, evolutionarily speaking

i know it's a terrible way to think about it, but it's kinda hard to kill a kid

fuck em up for life, sure, that's probably easy

give em a complex, definitely

but human kids are pretty hearty, evolutionarily speaking

if evolutionarily isn't a word i don't know why not. but fictionary.

my evolution and ecology teacher at wake said it all the time

anything is a word if you want it to be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back