• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2022: Happy Pride, Biff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh whatever. all 90x deacs watched it and laughed at the time. The one where joey ended up wearing all of chandler's clothes was hilarious and I still laugh at it.

we are finishing schitts creek and need another show to watch. I assume Arrested Development will get high marks around here?

Sweet. What beans have you been roasting? What roast level are you aiming for?

So far mostly some South American (Nicaragua, Colombia) I was able to get on Amazon. A city+ or full city roast is the general goal for me (that’s basically medium roast level). Light roasts are really bright and acidic and dark roasts taste like, well, roast. So medium kind of balances between the two. Seems like a reasonable target for me as I really know very little about coffee.

oh whatever. all 90x deacs watched it and laughed at the time. The one where joey ended up wearing all of chandler's clothes was hilarious and I still laugh at it.

we are finishing schitts creek and need another show to watch. I assume Arrested Development will get high marks around here?

obviously

If looking for comedy, I enjoyed Righteous Gemstones & Mythic Quest. Currently enjoying Trying. If open to others, I will always push for all mankind on Apple.

strick or phan you ever read Lauren Berlant? RIP.

this news is crushing me

The boards are broken this morning. If only our mods were responsible with the money they took from us

Drinking a Colombian from Perc Roasters in Savannah. Have a Burundi from Red Rooster getting delivered today.

I've heard good things about Perc but never tried them. Just had that Burundi from Red Rooster a few weeks ago! First roast I've had from them and I was pleasantly surprised.

Lately I've been rotating a bag from Black & White Roasters w/random bags from Trade.

Also I was definitely a little tongue-in-cheek re: counter culture. Their coffee is very good, just ubiquitous. Credit to them for running an amazing business and having no-brainer training programs that make them the first choice for a lot of smaller shops though.

Brockmire. It’s foul and ridiculous but the show is really well written and the final season is legit amazing.

I've heard good things about Perc but never tried them. Just had that Burundi from Red Rooster a few weeks ago! First roast I've had from them and I was pleasantly surprised.

Lately I've been rotating a bag from Black & White Roasters w/random bags from Trade.

Also I was definitely a little tongue-in-cheek re: counter culture. Their coffee is very good, just ubiquitous. Credit to them for running an amazing business and having no-brainer training programs that make them the first choice for a lot of smaller shops though.

Nice. I had a Papau New Guinea from Red Rooster a couple months ago and it was good. I love B&W, but sometimes am off-put by how pretentious they can come across, especially in store.

How do you like trade? I am thinking of switching from bottomless to them. I like bottomless because they trigger an order when I start to run low on beans, so I don’t have to guess how often to order. Quick glance, I like the amount/quality of roasters Trade offers.

I buy my coffee beans from Costco. Don’t know how y’all get by on measly 12 ounce bags.

12 oz lasts me about 5 days, I wanna say?

i alternate between store brand and local shop here, qualia. i prefer medium roast 90% of the time, and almost always drip during the week. sometimes i'll make a batch of cold brew for the weekends.

I have been doing flash brewed iced coffee using the drip machine. ~35g of coffee, ~150g ice, ~300g water. Add more ice after brewing.

strick or phan you ever read Lauren Berlant? RIP.

this news is crushing me

Only an article, i think. One of those people whose stuff is formative enough it makes their way into your vocabulary and thinking without you actually having to read it. I also did my theory training in the uk, where their approach to sex and gender and culture was a bit different.

But at my phd inst., we had a big name in affect and gender theory so halberstam and love and them were always coming to campus. We also weirdly had a co-founder of trauma theory but she was into neuro- approaches when i was there.

First 3 seasons of AD are great. 4 was a mess. Just watch out for hop ons!

If you have hulu give an episode of letterkenny a shot. Wife and i love it. We also are in season 2 of brockmire. Enjoying that as well. You're the worst has its moments but its on the back burner. Pick up an episode or two here and there.

We bought a Breville Espresso Maker at the start of the pandemic and buy Lavazza beans from Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back