• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2022: Happy Pride, Biff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you folks roast your own coffee? Do I want to do that?

Like I mentioned in prior chat I use nextdoor for buying and selling stuff and a coffee roaster has popped up. It sounds intriguing but I have a feeling it’s probably a ton of work for not that much benefit.

Quoting myself from 5 weeks ago on page 1 of this chat…well I did end up getting it. It is not a lot of work, pretty easy actually. About 20 half pound batches in I’m still tweaking technique to dial in a really special roast but what I’ve made so far easily beats supermarket variety coffee and it costs store brand/maxwell house prices. At this rate the roaster will pay for itself very soon in lieu of buying $8 dunkin or $10 counterculture 12oz packs every week.

Quoting myself from 5 weeks ago on page 1 of this chat…well I did end up getting it. It is not a lot of work, pretty easy actually. About 20 half pound batches in I’m still tweaking technique to dial in a really special roast but what I’ve made so far easily beats supermarket variety coffee and it costs store brand/maxwell house prices. At this rate the roaster will pay for itself very soon in lieu of buying $8 dunkin or $10 counterculture 12oz packs every week.

I grew up drinking Maxwell House and lived across the river from the factory for awhile.

When I was in high school we could hear the whistles signaling the shift changes.

Sweet. What beans have you been roasting? What roast level are you aiming for?

is Malcolm in the Middle a top 10 TV comedy all time

Last edited:
About to begin a 3-day virtual AVID conference which my school district is paying $850 for me to attend. I just scanned through today's modules and its well designed and good information, but there is no way its worth nearly $300/day. Most of these strategies I already know of, or could easily research on my own.

Why not spend that money on hiring more people to work at our low performing school?

if you saw a link for a list of the top 100 TV comedies would you click it

About to begin a 3-day virtual AVID conference which my school district is paying $850 for me to attend. I just scanned through today's modules and its well designed and good information, but there is no way its worth nearly $300/day. Most of these strategies I already know of, or could easily research on my own.

Why not spend that money on hiring more people to work at our low performing school?

i don't know but I blame neoliberalism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back