• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 3 early 5 plama

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure but my point is the problem is structural/institutional and not necessarily individual

having said that, i don't remember the last time a doctor kept me waiting for more than 5 min, which is completely reasonable. that includes my doctors and my kids. this seemed like much more of an issue 20 years ago.

sure but my point is the problem is structural/institutional and not necessarily individual
right, but if they have X hours of work to do outside of normal business hours, do it the night before so they're on schedule the next day, rather than hoping that they can jam X hours into the next morning.

the new medical records software (epic, et al) have some conveniences, but it's annoying that the doctor is now just facing the computer the whole time typing when I visit

it's good for scheduling appointments or requesting rx refills or checking test results though
I love the interface between Epic and MyChart. Now that the pharmacies are looped in, I can refill script without having to call, all from the app.

Our WFUSoM and Atrium's instances of Epic are working to merge, and its a doozy. You'd never imagine two organizations that utilize the same platform using them completely differently.

guess my point is if you respond to the structural problems by getting mad at the individual who is getting squeezed from the other side too then just makes it more likely for good people to leave the profession altogether. Be an asshole to them if they are also an asshole but a lot of healthcare providers are good people trying their best in a shitty system.

guess my point is if you respond to the structural problems by getting mad at the individual who is getting squeezed from the other side too then just makes it more likely for good people to leave the profession altogether. Be an asshole to them if they are also an asshole but a lot of healthcare providers are good people trying their best in a shitty system.

If you're 25 minutes late to the first appointment of the morning, you're an asshole.

right, but if they have X hours of work to do outside of normal business hours, do it the night before so they're on schedule the next day, rather than hoping that they can jam X hours into the next morning.
yeah that would be what they do in an ideal world.

In reality people have kids to feed and get to bed, people have to do other shit outside of work to stay mentally sane, or they are just too exhausted/burnt out and can't effectively put their brain in clinical mode at 9:00 at night.

Signed - someone who still has two open notes from Friday.

do you know why?

also, one of the greatest privileges in life is having a doctor friend that can right you prescriptions and you never have to go to an office or schedule telehealth or anything

She is a clinical psychologist and I think she had some issues with how KP set appointments. She moved to a local private practice where she has more autonomy.

Although, she really misses the KP benefits.

like is it even possible any more to just open a primary care health clinic as a physician and not be a part of some huge health system?

everything just feels so fucking soulless in our era of consolidation and private equity -- only way you can get out of it is if you're wealthy enough to pay outside the insurance system (goes for primary care, physical therapy, and so on -- orthodontics is the OG wealthy-only practice because they never took insurance to begin with)

If you could have any movie redone and be a muppet movie, which are you going with?

For me, its tough to choose just one, but I am thinking:
1. Boogie Nights
2. Scarface
3. Alien
this is amazing. i mean, i want you to have a job because i get that it's important and i love you, but there's no way you come up with this kind of #content while at work.

like is it even possible any more to just open a primary care health clinic as a physician and not be a part of some huge health system?

everything just feels so fucking soulless in our era of consolidation and private equity -- only way you can get out of it is if you're wealthy enough to pay outside the insurance system (goes for primary care, physical therapy, and so on -- orthodontics is the OG wealthy-only practice because they never took insurance to begin with)
Enshittification happens in healthcare too

i feel like that's going to attract a wide range of reaction emojis

this is amazing. i mean, i want you to have a job because i get that it's important and i love you, but there's no way you come up with this kind of #content while at work.
I thought Midnight Cowboy with Gonzo playing Ratso and Kermit playing Joe Buck would be amazing also, but I didn't know if this crowd was as familiar with that movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back