• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 3 early 5 plama

Status
Not open for further replies.
seen it as a meme a few times but instead of Disney doing live action versions of their animated movies they should just do muppet versions of them. Would be way better and more entertaining

like is it even possible any more to just open a primary care health clinic as a physician and not be a part of some huge health system?

everything just feels so fucking soulless in our era of consolidation and private equity -- only way you can get out of it is if you're wealthy enough to pay outside the insurance system (goes for primary care, physical therapy, and so on -- orthodontics is the OG wealthy-only practice because they never took insurance to begin with)
agreed that it's bullshit. to run your own practice and get PAID would be an unbelievable burden and not sure it's possible in today's insurance driven environment.

I try my best to never make people wait, but just because it's the first appointment doesn't mean it is the first thing on the schedule. My typical first appt is 9am, but commonly have meetings/tumor boards starting at 7am. Also I don't think this is happening to PCPs regularly, but for us we can get emergent inpatient add-on patients that can sometimes take priority.

Enshittification happens in healthcare too

Asheville's health care has gone to utter shit after Mission sold to HCA. We used to have really great healthcare that served all of WNC and were a destination for good doctors who wanted to come live in Asheville. now there are dr and nurse shortages, reports of horrific wait times, expired medical supplies, dirty facilities, etc.

Regarding The Shining, I think many people of the generations between 30-50yo really have a hard time comprehending just how fully cellphones and wireless internet has changed the human experience. The literal feelings of isolation, focus, independence, connectedness, have all fundamentally changed. The Shining as an effective story depends on a mood of racheting tension from isolation from the outside world and completely focusing on this hotel that becomes a living character in the story. Beyond the fictional horror/supernatural aspects, just the setting and context of the story would be difficult for a younger person to imagine because it requires the complete absence of connection and distraction, which hardly ever occurs to us now with our cellphones and social media.

I’ve seen enough to know that Biff’s complaining rings hollow because he is no doubt the worst kind of patient.

I was thinking Predator would be pretty good too, but I went with Alien, because I thought the alien popping out of someone's chest scene would be too powerful, especially if the alien was actually the caterpillar.

Last edited:
I was thinking Predator would be pretty good too, but I think the alien popping out of someone's chest scene would be too powerful, especially if the alien was actually the caterpillar.
you're, uh, mixing up franchises

I try my best to never make people wait, but just because it's the first appointment doesn't mean it is the first thing on the schedule. My typical first appt is 9am, but commonly have meetings/tumor boards starting at 7am. Also I don't think this is happening to PCPs regularly, but for us we can get emergent inpatient add-on patients that can sometimes take priority.
Tumor boards is a disconcerting combination of words.

I was thinking Predator would be pretty good too, but I went with Alien, because I thought the alien popping out of someone's chest scene would be too powerful, especially if the alien was actually the caterpillar.
It would either be Rizzo (although he would probably have a larger part than just this cameo) or Pepe the King Prawn for this (maaaaybe animal)

The GT game thread is basically a tumor on the boards at this point
I said it there too, but there are some serious assholes on the boards, especially when it comes to personal attacks on Cam and Les.

You don't have to even read what they write. Do I agree with everything they say? No, and I also know that they work with the AD/SID a good bit, so I take that into account while reading/watching. To call out their integrity because you're angry about how we looked on Saturday is just a total dick move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back