• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 70 - If two married Clemson grads get a divorce, are they still cousins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
aim-aol-instant-messenger-screenshot_528_poster.gif

Kind of feel like we should leave this CT at 1,999 posts for TSY to steal with a Good Morning post at 6:00am. Palma would probably vulture though.

pivotal moments of my middle school life took place on AIM

AOL chatrooms too. I remember trying to mack on girls in there. Who knows who I was really talking to

i'm pretty sure there are some wake posters who've been around since the AOL chatroom days.

I had the Jurassic Park compound playset and a sweet Explorer. I probably had 75-100 dinosaurs. I would make epic Jurassic Park recreations. Ferns and plants in a bathtub, BOOM, Raptor habitat.

I honestly want to take a 93 Explorer and just do it up JP style and daily driver that shit. "It's got interactive CD-ROM!" Spared no expense.

i remember in 6th grade, my dad showed me how to do a search on the internet. it was SO SLOW.

i told him it was stupid, "why would i use that when i can just look it up on encarta" (that's right, encarta. and you know that maze game on encarta? i was REALLY good at it.). i distinctly remember thinking "this is dumb, no way will this catch on"

i remember in 6th grade, my dad showed me how to do a search on the internet. it was SO SLOW.

i told him it was stupid, "why would i use that when i can just look it up on encarta" (that's right, encarta. and you know that maze game on encarta? i was REALLY good at it.). i distinctly remember thinking "this is dumb, no way will this catch on"

Oh wow. Mind blown. Encarta was AWESOME. I remember thinking along the same lines.

Encarta, meet Wikipedia. It makes you it's bitch.

Hells yea Encarta.

Remember Clip-Art where you had the effin books to match to the disks?

did everyone else always have a computer at home?

we've had one as long as i can remember, as well as an old-school printer w/ the holey perforated sides that fed sheets through the printer.

Man, I can't believe I forgot Encarta. Some of the interactive stuff was very cool. Flying through Egyptian ruins and such.

Hells yea Encarta.

Remember Clip-Art where you had the effin books to match to the disks?

I'm dating myself, but when I was in early elementary school we had this story book game that was like a mix of MS Paint and Clip Art where you basically drew a picture by importing in pictures of castles and dragons and clouds and asteroids and re-sizing them. That was the tits.

did everyone else always have a computer at home?

we've had one as long as i can remember, as well as an old-school printer w/ the holey perforated sides that fed sheets through the printer.

My Dad has always been in IT, so we had some form of computer at all times.

I remember when he first brought home a laptop. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back