• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 90's Alternative: It's Friday, mako loves to cut the grasssss !!!!!! (Smith, 1992) !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man the story about the 18 year old kid jumping off the sightseeing boat at night and never being seen again is so sad.
Apparently his friends dared him to do it after a bunch of drinks. They threw him a preserver but he got pulled away too fast and by the time the boat stopped he was nowhere in site. Bunch of Louisiana people down here seem to be familiar with the family. Just tragic.

Not to go all Mako and brag or anything...but my Post to reaction score ratio is top notch. Has to be top 10 at least. 62%? I feel like that's exceptional value for my post buck.
it's like comparing generations of athletes

you didn't really post during the dead-rep era so it's stat inflation imo

Apparently his friends dared him to do it after a bunch of drinks. They threw him a preserver but he got pulled away too fast and by the time the boat stopped he was nowhere in site. Bunch of Louisiana people down here seem to be familiar with the family. Just tragic.

Really scary. Jumping off a boat in the middle of the night is such a bad idea. A few years ago I was down in the BVIs and we went over to the Willy T (boat bar essentially). It was pretty dark and some kid jumped off the top and didn’t come back up. Good couple minutes of real panic and concern thinking he had drowned but he was just being a dickhead and hiding from his group.

In other news, I was volunteered to be the designated CPR/AED person for our suite (of like 5 people) so I’m working through that course right now. And I got a notification that my credit score went down 101 points due to a $43 “collection” that was reported. Not really feeling it today.

11 hour layover in Boston later in June on our way to London. What should we do?

11 hour layover in Boston later in June on our way to London. What should we do?

Is it during the day? Might be a pain if you’re hauling your stuff around but a duck boat tour is always fun. Aquarium is pretty good and right on the harbor so again pretty easily accessed from the airport. Just to throw a couple options in the mix.

Depends on what time it is for dinner and whatnot. The airport is very close to the city so it's not a pain at all to get in and out of there (although rush hour sucks obviously). If the baggage is checked through it'll be super easy to just dip into town.

For food, Neptune Oyster takes walkins throughout the day first come first serve. Small spot but phenomenal seafood. Walk around the North End and there are plenty of good food spots (Italian and seafood mostly). The aquarium is just down the blue line from the airport so you could just take transit from Logan to see the animals. The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Brookline is awesome (just take an uber there) and where the Rembrandts were stolen years ago. It's a residence turned into museum; Stewart Gardner collected tons of cool shit from around the world and her will stipulated that it would become a museum upon her death. Absolutely gorgeous.

Plenty of other things to do. Let me know timeline and any other things you like doing and obviously I can make recommendations. Just walking around the downtown area is fun if you've never really spent much time here (tons of history). Harpoon Brewery has a beer hall not too far from the Airport either. Super corporate these days and I haven't been in a few years but that's a fun spot to snag a couple beers although it's not really that close to anything else. If you go, Yankee Lobster is right next to it so definitely get a lobster roll or two (although it's pretty expensive right now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back