• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: An Idiot Abroad: Spain or Italy or France !????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a great little setup... Did you do it yourself or pay someone?

Or did mako do it for free?

(the first question was serious)

We paid a professional who did the fire pit + pavers, lots of surrounding land/hardscaping, another set of pavers to extend our patio, and then planted lots of bushes/flowers and a tree. Think the total was ~13k so it's hard to know the price just for the pit etc. They also noticed my yard had some major draining/pooling problems around my original patio and put in a nice hidden drain. Our yard before was terrible for spending any time in (long skinny yard with undersized patio, no shade, and no plants) and it's made a huuuuge difference.

Have a friend who just after the pandemic started moved into a ridiculously landscaped house (huge fire pit area, two separate patio/seating areas, fig trees, fruit trees, multiple Japanese maples) and it pushed us to take the plunge after spending so much time outdoors there.

how can you not like adirondacks?

Sometimes it's a little annoying to be leaning back that much e.g. when I'm at a gathering with friends + toddlers and can't really relax and have to keep getting up.

Sometimes it's a little annoying to be leaning back that much e.g. when I'm at a gathering with friends + toddlers and can't really relax and have to keep getting up.

This is very analogous to being forced to listen to Dave Matthews Band.

Honestly we have adirondacks around our firepit and I'm contemplating another set of chairs to replace them (they are just cheap ones until we decide on a longer term solution, but I think the ergonomics don't change).

If you're reading or looking at your phone at all or something in them you can really get some neck issues.

anyone got a rec for a cheap beer fridge for the garage? I don't want one of those clear doored ones I think, I'd rather just have a real fridge with freezer. would like to use it to hold large meats and such.

Who knew there were trendy opinions on Adirondacks. I have enjoyed them. My wife does not. She contends they are not as comfortable for shorter people.

anyone got a rec for a cheap beer fridge for the garage? I don't want one of those clear doored ones I think, I'd rather just have a real fridge with freezer. would like to use it to hold large meats and such.

You're overthinking this. Either go to Lowe's and buy a cheap one or find one on craigslist.org.

IKA87dEl.jpg

We postin' fire pit setups today, complete with the cheap adirondacks.

yeah, I paid $50 for my friend's old fridge when they remodeled their kitchen. That's all you need in the garage. Get the cheapest option, it'll be functional.

I will defer to Barca on the chair topic. His username suggests a passion for lounge chairs.

We talking fire pits? Not sure if I ever got around to posting a picture last fall after we completed our project. Like 2009, our yard was not super usable before so it’s really transformed how much time we spend outside in conjunction with our screened porch (out of sight to the right). The seating wall is great extra space when people come over and we have the wood box on one side and built-in cooler on the other. Next step is to get the landscaping folks back out to add some greenery.

Back