• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: An Idiot Abroad: Spain or Italy or France !????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm picture is tiny but not sure how to change it without it being huge. Oh well, you get the idea.

IKA87dEl.jpg

We postin' fire pit setups today, complete with the cheap adirondacks.

I have those too, the cheap red ones they have out front at the grocery store or Lowes. Nothing wrong with those IMO, they’ll last a few years then presumably they’ll shatter when someone sits on one which will be funny, then I can get new ones.

Looking like good fire pit weather this weekend, I’ll need to lay out some wood to dry off from that overnight rain.

I have those too, the cheap red ones they have out front at the grocery store or Lowes. Nothing wrong with those IMO, they’ll last a few years then presumably they’ll shatter when someone sits on one which will be funny, then I can get new ones.

Looking like good fire pit weather this weekend, I’ll need to lay out some wood to dry off from that overnight rain.

Yeah it was one of the first things I got after we moved in, just got em on special down the road at ACE.

The in-laws got the slightly fancier kind that have the fold-out phone/drink holders under the arms.. gonna try those out at the lake this weekend and maybe just upgrade to those for a bit once these eventually break down.

You're overthinking this. Either go to Lowe's and buy a cheap one or find one on craigslist.org.

This is the way.

We bought one from BrandsMart (or is it BrandSmart?) for a few hundred bucks and it's perfect for the garage. Not too big, but fits all my beers (ok, my Vizzys) and some meat in the freezer.

WRS, sick setup, very nice work. I eventually need to put up some poles to hang some of those lights over our area, in addition to doing some actual landscaping in the yard itself. Would love to eventually have a hammock area in that back corner of the yard with some hardscaping.

We talking fire pits? Not sure if I ever got around to posting a picture last fall after we completed our project. Like 2009, our yard was not super usable before so it’s really transformed how much time we spend outside in conjunction with our screened porch (out of sight to the right). The seating wall is great extra space when people come over and we have the wood box on one side and built-in cooler on the other. Next step is to get the landscaping folks back out to add some greenery.

very nice. that gives some good ideas for how I can work some lights into our backyard (I had never thought to extend my fence post w/another board)... that's the one thing we are missing now that hurts when we want to eat outside in the early spring or fall.

anyone got a rec for a cheap beer fridge for the garage? I don't want one of those clear doored ones I think, I'd rather just have a real fridge with freezer. would like to use it to hold large meats and such.

knight/bbd batsignal

Diggler I'd think you'd have some recommendations for things that effectively hold large meat

very nice. that gives some good ideas for how I can work some lights into our backyard (I had never thought to extend my fence post w/another board)... that's the one thing we are missing now that hurts when we want to eat outside in the early spring or fall.

Yeah the lights were a key cheap addition for times when we are out there and don’t have a fire going. Has worked great for a somewhat temp job. Depending on what we do with landscaping may alter it and/or do something more permanent. The guys who did the patio work offered to do some built-in lighting under the lip of the seating wall which would have been awesome but eventually had to draw the line somewhere with the cost!

USVI trip finally ending tomorrow, after 45 days of island life it’s back to the normal. Upgraded to first class on the way back though, everything is coming up Louis.

b2aefe112bca763529471fc8a0587a80.jpg

My set up. The arborvitaes have peyronie’s disease going on up top, but I am guessing they will figure it out as they grow.

Y’all should throw a couple of unopened cans of creamed corn in those fires. We always did that at our school spirit bonfires during homecoming back when I was in high school. Big fun.

Back