• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Asterisk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched these 7-8yr old tryouts, and let me tell you - they're throwing curves and hitting pop-off doubles and it is legit!

There is a big jump from that to the 7/8 year old machine pitch allstar teams. They go from not catching popups to gunning batters out from deep at shortstop. Rec ball still has a lot of Bad News Bears, but the decent challenge teams generally make all of the routine plays and some pretty impressive ones. ;)

Chic did E do tee ball with SRA at age 4? I guess they start with coach pitch now for 4 year olds? They only break out the tee if you fail to hit like 6 pitches. Seems odd but maybe it's better in the long run.

bc they're 2 feet shorter than the men, but the hoop is the same height. different physics = different shot.

There are plenty of women basketball players over the 6' mark. Mugsy didn't shoot funny.

There is a big jump from that to the 7/8 year old machine pitch allstar teams. They go from not catching popups to gunning batters out from deep at shortstop. Rec ball still has a lot of Bad News Bears, but the decent challenge teams generally make all of the routine plays and some pretty impressive ones. ;)

this guy gets it.

pop-off doubles

i was trying to go off the cuff. it's been a hot minute since I brushed up on baseball plays.

nobody likes a showoff

LOL. That's the funny thing. She's a very quiet unassuming kid. I chaperoned her group in a field trip last year and she barely said a word. She was just exercising like her mom does.

It's going to be fascinating to see the athletes that could out of this generation of girls who are actually encouraged to participate in sports by moms who are in the first generation of girls who were actively encouraged to play sports.

There was an anniversary party at my gym and some people brought their kids. One girl who was in my son's 2nd grade class last year sat down on the rower and just started rowing. And just kept rowing. "Mommy, I'm at 1000! Mommy, I'm at 2000. Mommy, I'm at 3000." After 34 minutes, she rowed 5100 meters. In a dress and sandals. With about a dozen people looking on.

Sounds like a thrilling party. Did everyone stand around and watch paint dry afterwards?

Chic did E do tee ball with SRA at age 4? I guess they start with coach pitch now for 4 year olds? They only break out the tee if you fail to hit like 6 pitches. Seems odd but maybe it's better in the long run.

Yes, and S is on the team now. (You have to be 4 in April, he was born at the end of March). Mett is assistant coaching. This is E's 5th season, and we probably should have moved him up, but Mama was selfish and only wanted to do 1 team.

Any of you folks have restaurant recs in Greensboro? Soccer tournament there this weekend. Everyone's favorite Labor Day destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back