• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Autocracy !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would still book August, even though Besh is out. I’m sure it’s still spectacular. As for other places, if there are at least 5 of you, I’d book a res at Jacques-Imo’s. I’d still go even if you are 4 or less, but they don’t take reservations for that few. It’s worth the wait though.

You may be tempted to hit up some of the historic places, but my personal opinion would be to avoid Antoine’s and Galatoires. In my opinion they are horribly overrated. Was at Galatroies the last time I was there is it was borderline gross. Some people definitely disagree with that take, but that’s just my opinion. If you want something like that where you get classic NOLA food and atmosphere, try Commanders Palace - brunch is maybe even better than dinner.

There are probs people here more knowledgeable about hot new places. Looking at Eater, there are a bunch of new places I’m not familiar with.

Also, there is a place on Esplanade that is walkable from the neighborhood you are staying in called Port of Call. It’s burgers, potatoes and tiki drinks. It’s amazing, and the line is often long.

Also, do not under any circumstances let someone tell you that Court of 2 Sisters is ok. It’s not.

I would still book August, even though Besh is out. I’m sure it’s still spectacular. As for other places, if there are at least 5 of you, I’d book a res at Jacques-Imo’s. I’d still go even if you are 4 or less, but they don’t take reservations for that few. It’s worth the wait though.

You may be tempted to hit up some of the historic places, but my personal opinion would be to avoid Antoine’s and Galatoires. In my opinion they are horribly overrated. Was at Galatroies the last time I was there is it was borderline gross. Some people definitely disagree with that take, but that’s just my opinion. If you want something like that where you get classic NOLA food and atmosphere, try Commanders Palace - brunch is maybe even better than dinner.

There are probs people here more knowledgeable about hot new places. Looking at Eater, there are a bunch of new places I’m not familiar with.

Also, there is a place on Esplanade that is walkable from the neighborhood you are staying in called Port of Call. It’s burgers, potatoes and tiki drinks. It’s amazing, and the line is often long.

Also, do not under any circumstances let someone tell you that Court of 2 Sisters is ok. It’s not.

this is all good advice. Friday lunch in NOLA is a huge thing, and everyone will tell you to go to Galatoire's, but we had a fantastic meal at August last year (only day of the week they offer lunch).

Jacques-Imo's is touristy, but great and worth the wait IMO.

any of the Donald Link places are fantastic. I've eaten at Cochon, Cochon Butcher and Herbsaint multiple times and never a bad meal.

For lunch you gotta get a po boy at least once, and my favorites are Mahonys and Domilises. Johnny's in the Quarter is pretty good, too, especially if you want to stay on that end of town. I also recommend getting a muffaletta from Central Grocery right before you fly out. They will keep just fine in your bag and get better with age. Don't get the ones pack to go, just get a regular one that's wrapped and put it in a plastic shopping bag and you'll be fine. Grab a couple of bags of Zapp's chips and you have a nice few meals for when you get home.

Have heard a lot of fantastic things about Le Petite Grocery.

Opposite here, I'd rather it be lighter for later in the evening, who cares if it's dark when I'm headed to work anyway

exactly.
Feeling like you should be headed to bed soon because it's pitch black at 5pm is very lame.

Planning on going to New Orleans next year for the Wake-Tulane game. I anticipate it will be hot but still a fun trip.

We stayed around the corner from Port of Call and went there almost immediately after landing and dropping our stuff off - 11 AM on a Thursday means no line.

KEIBogI.gif

exactly.
Feeling like you should be headed to bed soon because it's pitch black at 5pm is very lame.

Who feels like they should be heading to bed soon based on how light or dark it is. That's why we invented clocks.

I hit the 6 AM OTF (gym) class this morning and just like in the past when I've done this, my body goes into crash/sleepy mode around 11 AM.

Why you do dis body? Why am I being punished for my positive life choices?

This is why I go at 5:30 pm. I also hate how hungry it makes me during the day when I go in the morning before work.

I think I allow myself to forget how much daylight savings sucks every year, and then every year I'm surprised to remember how lame it is.

How can I possibly be the first person to mention that you LOVE daylight savings; what you hate is when we switch to standard time.

Opposite here, I'd rather it be lighter for later in the evening, who cares if it's dark when I'm headed to work anyway

This is my general feeling as well, although having experienced sunrise at 9am in France, that is also pretty depressing.

Pretty dumb Raleigh, buts its gotta be better than Charlotte's logo. Its some 23 year analyst at BOA who is rocking a white collared button down shirt with jeans, wearing a BB blazer and knock off cowboy boots.

Pretty dumb Raleigh, buts its gotta be better than Charlotte's logo. Its some 23 year analyst at BOA who is rocking a white collared button down shirt with jeans, wearing a BB blazer and knock off cowboy boots.

No dumbass, we have a crown because we're royal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back