• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
my teenagers are the WORST about this. last night we were watching a movie together and they're just sitting there on reddit the whole time. I told them to post on message boards during WORK like a fucking adult.

unless it's a movie she's said she wants to see if I propose a movie to my wife often times she'll look up the plot to see if she wants to see it. she deals with a lot of tough shit at her job and isn't in to movies that are sad or don't have happy endings.

My wife can't watch horror movies or sad movies any more either. There's no catharsis for her anymore in this. With her job and covid and everything else, she needs no more emotional turmoil.

My wife can't watch horror movies or sad movies any more either. There's no catharsis for her anymore in this. With her job and covid and everything else, she needs no more emotional turmoil.

my wife actually loves horror movies (I don't for the most part).

I refuse to watch a tv show or movie with my wife unless she agrees to put her phone up. For some reason, the lack of focus and engagement infuriates me, especially if it's something that we are sharing together. We're working our way through Schitt's Creek right now.

lol, I have stopped recommending films to my mom for this specific reason. Any time she agrees to watch a favorite movie of mine, she will inevitably get up and leave the room a dozen times and then ask me what she missed each time back.

lol, I have stopped recommending films to my mom for this specific reason. Any time she agrees to watch a favorite movie of mine, she will inevitably get up and leave the room a dozen times and then ask me what she missed each time back.

It's only right that you should play the way you feel it.

my teenagers are the WORST about this. last night we were watching a movie together and they're just sitting there on reddit the whole time. I told them to post on message boards during WORK like a fucking adult.

it's so awful

like, if you wanna be on reddit, fine, but go sit in your room and do it and let's drop the pretense of doing an activity together

My biggest pet peeve with my wife and the phone is when we're coming back from hiking or driving somewhere beautiful or interesting, and her face is buried in the phone. The lack of appreciation for her surroundings drives me crazy. But, she also shares a bed with me and puts up with all my bullshit and idiosyncrasies, so it balances out. It's hard to win an argument with her about technological addiction when she just has to bring up all of my "imaginary friends" on the boards.

My biggest pet peeve with my wife and the phone is when we're coming back from hiking or driving somewhere beautiful or interesting, and her face is buried in the phone. The lack of appreciation for her surroundings drives me crazy. But, she also shares a bed with me and puts up with all my bullshit and idiosyncrasies, so it balances out. It's hard to win an argument with her about technological addiction when she just has to bring up all of my "imaginary friends" on the boards.

See, when you have dinner with bym and I on Monday, we'll cease to be imaginary. You'll finally have the moral high ground.

it's also because you're like "hey, lets do this thing together and be into a show at the same time. that'd be fun". and then they're not so why even bother doing it together. this has happened a few times with me/wife but occasionally we do get into the same show at the same time.

this is generally why we watch prestige shows and trash shows/sitcoms at the same time. we can handle one hour-long drama episode per night that requires more attention and the rest of the time have a cooking show or comedy or reality show or whatever that allows us to zone out and do other things.

See, when you have dinner with bym and I on Monday, we'll cease to be imaginary. You'll finally have the moral high ground.

Between that and running the Tough Mudder with ATS next year, she's pretty sure I'm getting catfished and will end up chained up in someone's basement. She's ok with this outcome.

this is generally why we watch prestige shows and trash shows/sitcoms at the same time. we can handle one hour-long drama episode per night that requires more attention and the rest of the time have a cooking show or comedy or reality show or whatever that allows us to zone out and do other things.

One of the biggest sins in our marriage is Netflix cheating. I secretly watched the Americans finale before she did a few years back, and when she found out I was afraid that she might divorce me.

I refuse to watch a tv show or movie with my wife unless she agrees to put her phone up. For some reason, the lack of focus and engagement infuriates me, especially if it's something that we are sharing together. We're working our way through Schitt's Creek right now.

Did I post this? I could have posted it word for word.

"YOU WANTED TO WATCH THIS... IF YOU CAN'T GET OFF INSTAGRAM FOR FIVE MINUTES WE ARE TURNING THIS OFF AND I AM WATCHING FOOTBALL. AND NO I WILL NOT RUB YOUR FEET... I AM IRRITATED!"

I will never understand why my wife will ask me "who is that guy?" or "where is he going?" 30 seconds into a movie or show that neither of us have seen. I openly mock her in hopes she might stop one day, but I don't seem to be making progress.

I don't get reddit. Probably because I'm an idiot.

Between that and running the Tough Mudder with ATS next year, she's pretty sure I'm getting catfished and will end up chained up in someone's basement. She's ok with this outcome.

Nah, bro... We're gonna work out with chains in my basement.

One of the biggest sins in our marriage is Netflix cheating. I secretly watched the Americans finale before she did a few years back, and when she found out I was afraid that she might divorce me.

Same.

My wife was annoyed with me a couple of weeks ago for having to work for a bit in the evening after the kids went to bed, so she started Lovecraft Country without me... A show she had never heard of until I mentioned she might enjoy it.

We made up and watched episode 2 together and she made it through about 15 minutes before she got bored and pulled out her phone. She thinks it is too all over the place... I'm like, "Well maybe if you focused a little bit."

We haven't made it through episode 2 yet. Fargo has sidetracked us.

I will never understand why my wife will ask me "who is that guy?" or "where is he going?" 30 seconds into a movie or show that neither of us have seen. I openly mock her in hopes she might stop one day, but I don't seem to be making progress.

I don't get reddit. Probably because I'm an idiot.

Are you me?

i don't really have these issues with my wife, she is good and cool

she manages a large brand's social media accounts so she's kinda done with her phone at the end of a workday, and especially social media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back