• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never understand why my wife will ask me "who is that guy?" or "where is he going?" 30 seconds into a movie or show that neither of us have seen. I openly mock her in hopes she might stop one day, but I don't seem to be making progress.

My 6 year old does that. We only really watch America Ninja Warrior together, but she inevitably asks, "Who is this guy?" when they walk out to try the course, but right before they cut away to tell their story. Then she just asks more questions as they are explaining exactly who the person is.

While my wife is next to her watching her phone, of course.

Same.

My wife was annoyed with me a couple of weeks ago for having to work for a bit in the evening after the kids went to bed, so she started Lovecraft Country without me... A show she had never heard of until I mentioned she might enjoy it.

We made up and watched episode 2 together and she made it through about 15 minutes before she got bored and pulled out her phone. She thinks it is too all over the place... I'm like, "Well maybe if you focused a little bit."

We haven't made it through episode 2 yet. Fargo has sidetracked us.

I am really into this season of Fargo. My wife, not so much.

When Lovecraft Country actually got into Lovecraft, my wife was donezo.

got hit by a car on my bike yesterday and the whole situation just blows

I will never understand why my wife will ask me "who is that guy?" or "where is he going?" 30 seconds into a movie or show that neither of us have seen. I openly mock her in hopes she might stop one day, but I don't seem to be making progress.

I don't get reddit. Probably because I'm an idiot.

Our wives must know each other.

Today's journal prompt. "What is your own version of the American Dream? How do you plan on achieving your idea of the American Dream? What factors could limit you in this pursuit? Do you have the same advantages as other people in this pursuit?"

My favorite answer: My idea of the American Dream is America is awesome because you can buy fast cars and guns. I plan on getting a good job so I can buy fast cars and guns. Nothing can stop me from buying fast cars and guns, because this is America. I have advantages because my dad really likes fast cars and guns too, so we already have some of each."

got hit by a car on my bike yesterday and the whole situation just blows

You good, man? Road biking always freaks me out because people pay so little attention. Really ties in to the phone discussion.

Hey, mafbros, I feel like ryala and gouda would be solid additions to the chat thread. They just play for the banter anyway.

ryala would be like actually you absolute rubes the banana is the ideal fruit

I'm fine, just some scrapes and bruises, but I feel bad for the driver

not a native English speaker and driving a Lyft car -- super apologetic and it was kind of a weird intersection such that, while his fault, he didn't do anything egregious

don't wanna get bro in any real trouble in case he's not in good standing with his papers or anything

I'm fine, just some scrapes and bruises, but I feel bad for the driver

not a native English speaker and driving a Lyft car -- super apologetic and it was kind of a weird intersection such that, while his fault, he didn't do anything egregious

don't wanna get bro in any real trouble in case he's not in good standing with his papers or anything

Hey, man, take this liberal white guilt shit to the tunnels.

J/k. Glad you're ok, and that sounds like a tough situation.

best case scenario is that it's just the front wheel that's smoked and everything else is all Gucci

I'm pretty sure I covered my bike in my homeowner's insurance policy, but can't find any details around it in the policy itself, so maybe I'm just imagining that

Juice going to end up in the front of a Trump rally for his encounter with a dangerous illegal immigrant.

best case scenario is that it's just the front wheel that's smoked and everything else is all Gucci

I'm pretty sure I covered my bike in my homeowner's insurance policy, but can't find any details around it in the policy itself, so maybe I'm just imagining that

they're probably going to tell you to file the claim with the car owner/driver

guys, there are two, unrelated, bestiality headlines on the local news website today. and PA may be the deciding state in the election.

Pa. men who had sex with horses, dogs, goats and a cow need to stay caged, state court says

this guy sorta looks lie townie

K4ZFKOLIXNDQNE3AMWJZZAGOLQ.png

Man charged after offering horse’s owner $200 to have ‘sexual activities’ with animal: police

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back