• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be Well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really feeling for my boys TimmyC and Knight this evening. If there is ever anything I can do for y’all please PM me, and I’m serious about that. I can send an email or dig a hole or hammer a nail, just let me know when and where.

Really feeling for my boys TimmyC and Knight this evening. If there is ever anything I can do for y’all please PM me, and I’m serious about that. I can send an email or dig a hole or hammer a nail, just let me know when and where.

I can hammer a hole if that’s your thing

Does anyone know anything about insurance ? I've never had to make an insurance claim for property before. My house burned down when I was 17, but my parents handled that. I've just got this giant knot in my stomach thinking that because it's not my actual house that they're not going to cover anything. I think the barn would take me $200,000 to build now
My home owners policy has a clause for ~$60k of coverage for out building. It was part of the initial policy required by the mortgage company because the barn and shed are part of the property’s value. So, I’d check you policy. Filing a claim is usually pretty easy, my insurer has an online tool for filing claims.

The 5yo fell and bit entirely through her lip and had to get some stitches at the hospital so they gave her midazolam. I’m looking forward to the day that she gets old enough to get strong with because she is a fun hang when she’s under the influence.

My home owners policy has a clause for ~$60k of coverage for out building. It was part of the initial policy required by the mortgage company because the barn and shed are part of the property’s value. So, I’d check you policy. Filing a claim is usually pretty easy, my insurer has an online tool for filing claims.
I would say, before you file a claim, take a look at your policy and see what you have coverage for. At least call your independent agent (if you have one), or whoever you have, and ask them what kind of coverage you have if you aren’t sure. Some companies will file claims as soon as you say something about it, and even if it pays out nothing (or is below deductible, which sounds like it wouldn’t be in this case), it could show up and count against you later as a filed claim. It’s messed up, but I see it a good bit with different agents, so tread lightly.

I am happy to take a look at your policy and let you know what you have if you have any questions. Should be pretty straight forward though - just look at your Dec Page and it will be Coverage B on your policy, stating the limit you have for “Other Structures”. That, minus your deductible is the amount of coverage you have.

Messi scoring every game and taking a team that used to suck to the finals seems like a big deal in sports, but I don't know soccer

I would say, before you file a claim, take a look at your policy and see what you have coverage for. At least call your independent agent (if you have one), or whoever you have, and ask them what kind of coverage you have if you aren’t sure. Some companies will file claims as soon as you say something about it, and even if it pays out nothing (or is below deductible, which sounds like it wouldn’t be in this case), it could show up and count against you later as a filed claim. It’s messed up, but I see it a good bit with different agents, so tread lightly.

I am happy to take a look at your policy and let you know what you have if you have any questions. Should be pretty straight forward though - just look at your Dec Page and it will be Coverage B on your policy, stating the limit you have for “Other Structures”. That, minus your deductible is the amount of coverage you have.
Whelp, just looked. 33k isn't going to go very far. Fuck me, right?

Maybe I can find some subs who will work slow and cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back