• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be Well

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably gonna get me skewered on here, but Lonesome Dove>Blood Meridian.
+1

my son just finished lonesome dove after i implored that he read it; he agrees that it's amazing and that he should have listened to me years ago about it and my reading suggestions henceforth hold more weight with him

a) i dig the song above so now will listen to more of him today
b) i also learned this in my downloading on apple music. very cool. I wonder if Craig is a cousin
because i know that maybe two of you remember craig mcmurtry, i googled it. he is now the AD at Temple College in Texas; he grew up in Troy, Texas so they could actually all be related in some way.

Also learned that he gave up Barry Bonds' first home run

i caught a fly ball with my lower lip in middle school. ran in on it just a little too far - came right over my glove and hit me square on the lower lip. my lower teeth went straight through. I had to get stitches and i still have enough scar tissue on the inside that i periodically bite the crap out of myself. also ended up having a root canal on one of those teeth when i was in my mid 30s.

cool story hansel

Hi? Is this the 1983 Atlanta Braves Roster Appreciation Society Meeting?

Nice teepee!
330px-Nocahoma1.jpg

It’s a very frustrating situation being unable to find a job when the major critique I am receiving is that I have too many short stints. Yes, but there is a reason for many of those short stints. People will happily say thank you for the service but don’t seem to care that the service involves familial sacrifice And if I complain about this job stuff, people often respond well you’re moving to Paris soon, so why does it matter, as if the present doesn’t matter. We still have bills and expenses that I am still expected to cover, because my wife is still only a Federal employee, which isn’t that big a deal if there is solid dual income. I still also have a desire to have some sort of a career.

It would be great if lawyers were like creatives and could work remotely from anywhere and people were ok with it but that really isn’t the case (I had one job but when we were moving to DC I didn’t think it paid enough).

Also doesn’t help that I seem to be missing that “it” factor that people are looking for in hiring. Plenty of dour people have jobs, but dour people don’t often change jobs.

Anyways that is why the Kids Arent Alright by the Offspring is number 74 on my hot 100 list.

If you pity hug emoji this post you have a small wiener.
I'm sorry man; that's tough feedback. Have you considered updating your resume to omit some of the short stints? I know when we previously messaged you were worried about a gap, but at this point it might be worth experimenting with leaving off the NPO and combining the contract work to appear (on the resume) as a more continuous block of work. Anything I can do to help you with your job hunt? I'm happy to connect on a zoom call if you want interview practice, to workshop "your story", etc.

Brett Butler
Claudell Washington
Chris Chambliss
Dale Murphy
Bob Horner
Glenn Hubbard
Rafael Ramirez
Bruce Benedict
I was so pissed off when they traded Brett Butler and Brook Jacoby to Cleveland for Len Barker.

But, Niekro, Perez, Camp, Mahler, McMurtry, Garber, Bedrock...

And, yes, I do have a Biff Pocoroba shirzee

I'm sorry man; that's tough feedback. Have you considered updating your resume to omit some of the short stints? I know when we previously messaged you were worried about a gap, but at this point it might be worth experimenting with leaving off the NPO and combining the contract work to appear (on the resume) as a more continuous block of work. Anything I can do to help you with your job hunt? I'm happy to connect on a zoom call if you want interview practice, to workshop "your story", etc.
I've talked about lumping some of the recent stuff together with recruiters and my interview coach and they have advised against it. I appreciate the offer to help, and if I see any of your connections hiring on Linkedin, I will definitely reach out. It's gonna be all good my man, sometimes I just like to use the board as a place to complain rather than burden my wife or my friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back