• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be Well

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the point of financing something over 12 months if you have the cash? Since whatever you are using to pay over the period of time would have just gone into the savings anyways. Just to keep savings because you can?
depends on your financial situation, but it's just opportunity cost

what could that money being doing in whatever investment if you financed instead of using your cash on hand

much more to consider, of course, but that's the gist

what kind of shirts and why didn't you just wash them yrself
you're looking at $5 per pant and $3 per shirt best case. not even accounting for the stains.

and this is only because it's your first trip to this cleaner. I'm counting on you getting the new guy price and still have you around $50
Bingo. $52.20 fuck me. The last time I had a job that required office attire was pre-pandemic when this shit was $2 per item.

Why don’t I wash my own clothes? I do - they end up wrinkled as hell and the collars get all fucked, then I end up spending an hour doing a half assed ironing job that doesn’t improve them very much. It’s a no win situation here.

Place here in MD charged us $13 per dress for my wife and these are run of the mill work dresses. Didn’t return.

Bingo. $52.20 fuck me. The last time I had a job that required office attire was pre-pandemic when this shit was $2 per item.

Why don’t I wash my own clothes? I do - they end up wrinkled as hell and the collars get all fucked, then I end up spending an hour doing a half assed ironing job that doesn’t improve them very much. It’s a no win situation here.
key is to just never wash them -- self-wash, dry clean or otherwise

they're work clothes! they're fine!

keep in mind that my clothes are all big, so ironing them is not a quick task, and I’m slow at it, so your talking 10 minutes per item for an unsatisfactory ironing job. 13 items is legitimately 90 minutes of my personal time.

honestly. $5 per pair of pants and $3 per shirt is really reasonable
Yeah, just fucking sucks that my last job paid more and I could wear jeans and tennis shoes to work - this cost just adds to my perceived deficit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back