• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
only ribbing about the double post

here is a teacher story:

I was teaching fifth grade and so far in over my head. I thought it would be a good idea to do a get-to-know-you game, so I came up with the bright idea of doing two truths and a lie. Each kid was supposed to write down the three items and indicate which was the lie. I would read one a day and we would have to both guess who the author was and which was the lie. It was a dumb idea, but they wrote their things down. I pulled one to read and the three lines were:

- I hate my mom
- I'm a good boy
- I fuck like a dog

Put them in my top drawer and never pulled them out again.

Yeahhhhhh, I don't think that there's a day that goes by that I'm not thankful that I work in the school and school system I'm in. My worst kids would be middle of the road students in some systems. Case in point, I literally just sampled food that 22 Basic level English juniors brought in from home. I'm not sure there are a ton of areas where a teacher could place that kind of trust in the students they teach.

E.T.A.- I sincerely hope that kid's mom was a bitch.

Last edited:
Hehehe. I just remembered that there was about a 4 month stretch in my life in which every time I got drunk, I would edit Chris Duhon's wikipedia page. It made me chuckle, and also realize that I'm a weird fucking guy.

ad integration is getting nuts

saw an IG story of a friend referencing Marriot points and then the next ad was a Marriot ad

ad integration is getting nuts

saw an IG story of a friend referencing Marriot points and then the next ad was a Marriot ad

yeah last night my wife was mentioning a new streaming service and then 5 minutes later I opened IG and there was an ad for it

Does rj get IG ads about renting space in Townie and Biff's brain? If so, what are the rates? :confused:

A Quilted Northern t.p. add just popped up on my Insta while I was literally in mid-shit just now. Timely, and terrifying.

My wife showed me something from Bloomingdales on her phone and then I got a Facebook ad showing “[Girl I haven’t seen in a decade] likes Bloomingdales.

we just got a gift basket with the tag "Taste of Indiana: Indiana's Finest Foods in Gift Baskets"

I don't even have a follow-up joke to that

Alright targeted ads, after 2 years I'll finally bite and get me some Wagyu from Crowd Cow

there's simply no way he came up with a joke THAT good on the fly

Townie, I'm sorry I ruined your David Roth thread. Seemed like some pretentious shit though.

no sweat, still better than most tunnels threads

david roth is one hell of a writer, and it sucks that deadspin went the way that it did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back