• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shit, now that I've been outed as someone who actually owns dozens of businesses, I'm fielding calls from all the investigative journalists at my local paper. Thanks a lot guys

by correctly inferring that Biff doesn't do the cooking

I think he was inferring that Biff wanted the big range and the wife said no, that's too big and in fact the wife runs the relationship. Either way, it has to be exhausting reading that exchange and finding yourself offended.

the sexist joke was tigerswood "FIFY" post changing "we" to "she"

similar to knight's homophobic jokes, the offense isn't entirely in the sexism itself, but in the laziness of the humor on top of the sexism

Oh shit, now that I've been outed as someone who actually owns dozens of businesses, I'm fielding calls from all the investigative journalists at my local paper. Thanks a lot guys

You better work on your part.

This will get me every time

3216de4eaa20adddf49bf0639fa2c5b8.jpg

similar to knight's homophobic jokes, the offense isn't entirely in the sexism itself, but in the laziness of the humor on top of the sexism

farts are still funny though

So it’s sexist against men that she’s in charge?

You are truly a bastion of hope for our country's comedic future.

The joke was somewhat nuanced, IMHO. Of course it had the "get in the kitchen" undertones that were obvious (but harmless). But primarily, it was playing off the frequently referenced idea that Biff's wife has (had?) a sweet job and wears the pants. Perhaps your funny bone is broken. Or your humerus. I'll be here all week.

FWIW, we both agreed that a 36" range was enough to meet our cooking needs. I still want the prep sink though and will be presenting my case to the kitchen designer. WE currently have two sinks, each with a disposer, and I really like it. HER argument is that, with the reconfiguration of the kitchen, the refrigerator will be closer to the main sink and therefore it will not be as necessary to have two sinks. I'm going to come at her with, "Whatabout when you need to fill a pot with water next to the stove ? HUH? What are you going to do then ? Spill water all over the fucking place ?" Shit.

FWIW, we both agreed that a 36" range was enough to meet our cooking needs. I still want the prep sink though and will be presenting my case to the kitchen designer. WE currently have two sinks, each with a disposer, and I really like it. HER argument is that, with the reconfiguration of the kitchen, the refrigerator will be closer to the main sink and therefore it will not be as necessary to have two sinks. I'm going to come at her with, "Whatabout when you need to fill a pot with water next to the stove ? HUH? What are you going to do then ? Spill water all over the fucking place ?" Shit.

what does fridge/sink proximity have to do with anything?

if you're moving stuff around make the second sink a bar sink/area so people stay out of the kitchen cooking zone during parties

It has to do with food prep and turning around to get the next thing out of the refrigerator without walking across the kitchen, which is why we have two sinks now. No need for more bar space.

just install a pot filler in the wall. that is actually pretty handy, although I never minded walking three feet with a pot of water.

What, no pot filler? Next you'll say your refrigerator won't be paneled in fine wood.

don't understand the point of the pot filler since I'm assuming at some point you will have to take the pot over to the sink to dump out

also a kitchen aid is a really great gift if this is a $300 kind of person.

If not, hand immersion blenders are good

i also got my wife an in-drawer knife block from Williams Sonoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back